Chapter 8 - Floral Offerings

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Fern and the maid, named Madeline, found themselves outside the villa, sitting casually in the garden surrounded by various flowers.

"Little miss, may I ask why you wanted so many flowers?" inquired the elderly man, a caretaker of the garden.

"I'm going to make flower crowns for everyone! Mister, would you like to help me? I made one for you too. Here, you can have it," Fern said, standing up and placing the flower crown on the man's head.

"There you go. You look very handsome! It's not much, but I made it with my own hands. Do you like it?" Fern asked with a genuine smile, leaving the old man deeply moved by the little girl's gesture.

"Oh, little miss, thank you. I truly appreciate your gift, and I'll cherish it," the old man expressed, offering a heartfelt smile to Fern.

"I've never received a gift like this before. I never married or had children, but, little miss, thank you. This is a beautiful gift. I might be making a big deal out of it, but I've truly never received anything like this," the old man admitted, his emotions leading to tears.

"It may seem simple, but this effort means a lot to me. I'll treasure this gift, my lady! Thank you!" the old man declared, and little Fern responded by giving him a hug and gently patting his back.

"Oh, please don't cry. Fern doesn't like it when people cry. You won't look pretty anymore if you cry," Fern comforted the old man.

"Oh, my little miss. You're so kind. You even comforted Mr. David," Madeline, the maid, remarked. Fern smiled and wiped the tears from Mr. David's cheek.

"There. No more tears. Shall we continue making flower crowns for everyone?" Fern suggested, and the old man politely smiled and nodded.

"Little miss, this old man will help you with the task," Mr. David, the gardener, offered, and Fern nodded in agreement.

🦋⎯ Fast Forward 🦋⎯

After two hours, it was already noon, and Fern, Madeline, and Mr. David had completed crafting fifty flower crowns for everyone in the villa.

"Do you think Lady Cynthia will like Fern's little gift?" Fern asked, holding her handmade flower crown adorned with white and red roses.

"Oh, miss. Absolutely, her grace will adore your gift! You made it especially for her, so she'll be delighted to receive it!" Madeline assured, bringing a smile to Fern's face.

"What do you think, Mr. David? Will Lady Cynthia like Fern's little gift?" Fern inquired, looking at the old man.

"Absolutely, my little miss. I'm sure the lady will be delighted to receive your gift. It will bring her happiness," Mr. David assured.

"And what about Mr. Bosworth? I made one for him. I combined red roses and yellow roses because red roses symbolize love and beauty," Fern shared.

"Since Mr. Bosworth is handsome, I'll give him a red rose. Then the yellow rose symbolizes friendship because I want to be friends with Mr. Bosworth," Fern explained, unaware that Bosworth was right behind her, holding a tray of food.

"Do you think Mr. Bosworth will like the flower crown I made?" Fern asked, leaving Madeline and Mr. David momentarily silent.

"Well, I'm not sure about Sir Bosworth, little miss. He's quite imposing. Even the people in the villa find it challenging to start a conversation with him, except for her grace," Madeline explained.

"Madeline is right, little miss. Sir Bosworth is a hard-to-please man, but I believe he'll appreciate your gift. After all, you made it for him, so he'll likely accept it warmly," Mr. David reassured, unaware that Mr. Bosworth was standing right behind them.

*Cough* "Little Lady, it's already afternoon. Please have some snacks," Bosworth announced, placing the food on the ground.

"Mr. Bosworth! There you are," Fern exclaimed, rising from the ground and approaching Bosworth.

"I have a gift for you, but I hope you'll like it," Fern expressed, offering a sweet smile to Bosworth, who maintained his stoic expression.

"But if you don't like it, you can throw it away. I can make a new one for you," Fern added, still smiling genuinely, although Bosworth's face remained cold.

"Hmm," was Bosworth's only response.

"Ahem... here. A flower crown and a flower ring too. Fern made them just for you, Mr. Bosworth," Fern presented.

"May I please put the flower ring on your finger, Mr. Bosworth?" Fern requested, turning her gaze toward the maid and the gardener, who both looked visibly anxious.

"You may. I'll grant you that permission," Bosworth stated, maintaining his usual cold expression.

"Could you also kneel a bit? I want to put the flower crown on your head," Fern requested. Bosworth obliged, kneeling on the ground as Fern delicately placed the flower crown on top of his head.

"Mr. Bosworth, I give you a yellow flower ring because you're now my friend, and I give you a red flower because you're my family. I hope you like it," Fern explained as Bosworth stood up, still displaying no emotion on his face.

"Yes, thank you, little Lady," Bosworth responded, maintaining his cold demeanor.

"Now, if you excuse me, I must leave. I still have work to attend to," Bosworth declared, striding away from the group.

"Well, he didn't seem to appreciate it," Fern whispered to herself, turning around with a smile.

"Let's share my gifts with everyone! I hope they'll like them, but if not, they can simply toss them away," Fern suggested, gathering all the flower crowns with assistance from Madeline and Mr. David.

....