Chapter 134

Archduke Willard's (POV)

Tonight is filled with heavy thoughts, and the silence of the villa only makes it worse. I walked through the dimly lit hallways, the weight of my dear daughter's words pressing in my heart.

(Could it be time for me to really consider marriage again?) 

I sighed as my mind drift to Lady Cynthia and the innocent request of my dearest daughter. The idea of providing my daughter with a mother...hmm, and the lady, despite her reputation, she had shown genuine care and kindness to my daughter Thea.

As I reached in the gallery room, I found myself staring at the portraits lining on the wall. I stared at my late wife's portrait hung on the wall. I sighed as I take a seat on the sofa, pondering about the possibility of what the future really holds. 

(If I consider marrying the lady...will she be able to fill the void in my daughter's life?) 

(Could she become the mother Thea desperately needed?)

Lost in my own thoughts, I stared at the ceiling, trying to think of what to do...

------------------------------

Lady Cynthia's (POV)

I was having a tea time with my dearest lovely daughter Althea when suddenly Archduke Willard came, he is somehow...dressed up. If I may say... he seems to look very...pleasing today.

"I greet his imperial highness, Archduke Willard." I said, greeting him as I bow in courtesy.

"Good day father..." Althea says as she elegantly bows in front of her father which made me smile.

"Father, you look very handsome today." Althea says while I was looking at her with a smile until she then turn her head to look at me.

"Right mother? *smiles* Father is so very handsome, am i right?" Althea says while looking at me, flustered, I looked at her and to Archduke WIllard, having mental crisis of what should I say.

"Right mother? " ALthea repeated, blinking her eyes with a smile on her face.

"Mother is speechless father, of course, no words in this world can help to describe how father is so good-looking today." Althea says as I looked at her in shocked and then I looked at Archduke Willard, he was already staring at me and I can't help but to feel embarrassed, I feel like both side of my cheeks are flashing bright red.

"See father~? *smiles* mother is feeling shy because I took the words right out of her mouth, hehe..." Althea says as I looked at her with wide eyes, I am definitely speechless.

"A-Althea...T-That's..." I said but it feels like my mind is going blank as I couldn't even think of anything or what to say.

"Do not be shy mother...It is VERY normal to fall in love with father at first sight, I mean who wouldn't like father's face? *smiles* he's so very handsome and is muscular too." Althea says as I just looked at her with wide eyes and then I looked at Archduke Willard who was shaking his head with a smile. I have never..or seen him actually smiling that so... pretty.

(No... what the hell am I thinking...)

"Is that so Althea?" Archduke willard says with a smile looking at his daughter.

"Of course! Mother Cynthia quite prefer a man who has beautiful face and big muscles." Althea says and then I immediately shook my head but Archduke Willard was smiling and laughing a little.

"I..I...I need to go, I forgot I need to feed my cat..." I said and when I was about to walk away, a hand stopped me, when I turn my head to see who it was...Archduke willard.

(No no no no  no no....)

"Y-You're imperial highness???" I said and then I looked at my dear Althea and she just winked at me, giving a thumbs up at me.

(You sneaky little child...)

I then turn my head to looked at Archduke Willard.

"Uhm...how should I say this.." Archduke Willard says as he lets go of my hand still staring at me, the maids behind started squealing behind him, watching us.

"Father wants to ask out mother to go out on a date with him." Althea says as I looked at her.

"W-What..?" I said and I looked at Archduke Willard

"Ah, yes...da-" Archduke Willard says but then he immediately looked at his daughter with a surprised look.

"I saw it on father's desk...Father is preparing to ask mother's hand in marriage." Althea says and I looked at Archduke Willard again with wide eyes.

(what the fuck??)

"...Guilty." Archduke Willard says as he was looking away.

(Oh my god...)

"Yayyyyy! Finally, I'll be able to officially call you as my mom." Althea says as she then holds my hands and hugged me from my leg.

(I still have not agreed to any of it...)

(But...my dear daughter would be so sad if I decline...)

(What to do...)

"Well, what do you say, my lady? Will you go out with me my lady?" Archduke Willard says as he reach his hand out for me.

"I-Isn't this..quite too fast?" I said as I was staring at him but he smiled.

"Well, what would you prefer my lady, a wedding tomorrow or a date with me today?" Archduke Willard says and I was taken aback from what he just said and he looked serious.

"Your answer my lady?" Archduke WIllard says, staring at me.

"I will be sad if mommy... can't be my mommy..." Althea says, looking about to cry in front of me, so I took a deep breath in and out, I closed my eyes and tried to gather my thoughts.

"My lady?" I heard Archduke Willard's voice, I opened my eyes and made eye contact with him.

"Your decision my lady?" Archduke Willard says, then I looked at his hand, I then take his hand and he smiled.

"I'll take that you have agreed to go out with me, my lady." Archduke WIllard says and I smiled at him.

"So...is this the moment where father and mother gonna kiss to seal the deal?" Althea says and the archduke and I immediately turn our heads to look at her.

"Althea!" The Archduke and I said at the same time, but my dearest Althea just smiled at us.

"So...is father gonna take mother out on a date now? I won't be in father and mother's ways then. I wish you two have a great day, hehe." Althea says as I face palm myself and I just heard the Archduke laughing.

"Alright. A date is a date my lady, shall we?" Archduke Willard says as he offered his arms for me to hold and when I was about to say something Vera then spoke.

"Her grace shall not worry as everyone in here will take a good care of the little lady, I wish you both a good luck." Vera says as she bows and then Althea holds my hand and the Archduke's hand, leading both of us out of the villa and when we were outside, Althea closed the door behind us. It feels like we were kicked out.

"Well..Ahem, shall we, my lady?" Archduke Willard says and then I take his hand, I don't know what just happened but I feel like this is a set up. But if everything goes out well, this might also give me benefit. Well see.

.
.
. 🦋