Chapter 58 - Found

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

In the big villa where Archduke Willard stays, the people there were still searching for their missing young lady.

"Did you find any clue about where the lady might be?" Vera asked, speaking to someone in a blue cloak.

"We tried our best, following her tracks in the mansion using what she left behind and her magic, but..." The man hesitated, meeting Vera's eyes.

"But what?" Vera asked, making eye contact with the person.

"We ended up in a certain spot in the capital, and then we lost her trail," the man explained.

"Where did you feel her magic disappear?" Vera asked..

"It faded away in front of an old shop. It's a place where clothes are made," the man replied, making Vera nod in understanding.

"I see... Is there anything else I should know about?" Vera asked again.

"I have a feeling that something must have happened to the daughter of his imperial highness," the man replied.

"How can you say so?" Vera asked, curious to what the man have just said.

"I sensed a strange energy mixed with the lady's... It felt different, not like anything from a beast... It was something... something that is hard to explain," the man says, struggling on how he should explain it.

"Thank you. Here's our agreement," Vera said, handing over a pouch of money.

"I'll take my leave now," the man said, vanishing into thin air. Vera then returned to the villa and headed straight to Archduke Willard Crawther's office.

"Your imperial highness, I have something to report regarding the lady. May I come in?" Vera requested, and then she heard the Archduke's voice from inside.

"What news do you have today?" Archduke Willard inquired as Vera recounted everything she knew while he listened attentively.

"I see..." Archduke Willard said, his expression heavy with worry.

"Your highness, I believe the lady is still safe somewhere, so please do not worry," Vera reassured him.

Archduke Willard's gaze then fell upon his pen, the very first gift from his daughter, a gift that he actually cherished the most.

"I hope she's eating well and doing fine. I just don't know..." Archduke Willard trailed off, looking worried. Just then, his apprentice, Lucas, with blue hair and eyes, entered the room.

"Greetings, master," Lucas said, meeting the Archduke's gaze.

"Where have you been? I looked for you in the library but couldn't find you," Archduke Willard asked, his eyes fixed on his apprentice.

"I went to have some fun with someone I know secretly... She's really cute and adorable," Lucas replied, taking a seat on the couch.

"When did I give you permission to go out playing? Shouldn't you be focusing on mastering what I've taught you?" Archduke Willard questioned, a hint of frustration in his voice, but Lucas just grinned and winked.

"I did. I practiced, master, while also hanging out with that little girl," Lucas said, smiling, and Archduke Willard raised an eyebrow.

"And when did you start making friends with someone not your age? As I recall, you said you wouldn't let someone be your 'friend,' especially if they're not on the same level as you," Archduke Willard said, staring at his apprentice.

"Uh... I don't remember saying that, master *smile* but if I did, well, this one is different. She's like a tiny little rabbit, super cute, with black hair and purple eyes," Lucas explained, as Archduke Willard frowned.

"What did you just say?" Archduke Willard asked.

"That she's like a tiny little rabbit?" Lucas repeated.

"No, after that," Archduke Willard clarified.

"That she's adorable?" Lucas guessed.

"No, after that," Archduke Willard insisted.

"That... she has black hair and purple eyes?" Lucas asked and Archduke Willard nodded.

"Yes, does this child really have black hair and purple eyes? Are you sure?" Archduke Willard asked.

"Oh, now that we're talking about it, she does have long black hair like yours and pretty purple eyes too," Lucas confirmed.

"And I think she has a mole near her right eye? Or maybe on her left? I can't quite remember, but I'm a hundred percent certain that she has a mole on her face," Lucas added, as Archduke Willard pulled out a picture from under his desk.

"Does she look like this to you?" Archduke Willard asked, showing Lucas a photo of his smiling daughter.

"That's her! She's the little girl I was talking about! Where did you get this, master? Do you know her too?" Lucas asked, surprised to see that his master has  a photo of the little girl he befriends with, while Vera and Archduke Willard looked shocked.

"When did you meet this child?" Archduke Willard asked.

"I accidentally met her on my way here. I saw a kite and it caught my attention, so I went to see who made it," Lucas explained.

"And that's how I met her," Lucas said, still holding the photo his master had shown him, bringing a smile on his face.

"But how did you get this little girl's photo?" Lucas asked.

"She's my daughter," Archduke Willard replied, causing Lucas to fall silent.

"...Your daughter? The one who's missing right now, master?" Lucas asked, looking all surprised as Archduke Willard nodded.

"She's my daughter, the one I've been searching for all this time. And you're the one who found her... I should have told you what she looks like," Archduke Willard said.

"Where is she now?" Archduke Willard asked, staring at Lucas.

.
.
.
.🦋