Chapter 32 - Trap

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

Althea Melody (POV)

The lady led me to her small home, which wasn't very large but was warm and cozy, complete with a fireplace.

"Would you like to take a seat first?" she asked with a smile, to which I nodded gratefully.

"Uh, thank you," I replied. However, she continued to stare at me, which made me feel increasingly uncomfortable.

(Why is she staring at me for so long?)

(Is there something on my face?)

(Ah, this feels so awkward.)

I glanced at the lady again, and she smiled back at me, which I found rather strange, but I returned the smile nonetheless.

"Would you like to have hot chocolate as your drink?" she offered, and I nodded in agreement.

"Alright, I'll be right back," she said before leaving me alone with the snow fruit.

( A snow fruit.)

I glanced around, pondering the strange encounter I had with the lady. I had told myself to be cautious around strangers, but she had saved me. Yet, there was something about her that made me uneasy.

( But why do I feel like… I should be wary of her??? )

Lost in my thoughts, I absentmindedly raised my hand and slapped my own face.

"Ow, that actually hurts," I muttered, rubbing my cheek. As I looked around, I was shocked by what I saw next.

( What the heck!? )

( It's the same horrifying monster from before!! )

"Are you alright?" the monster asked, but I was too stunned to respond immediately.

( How can this be happening!? )

Gathering my composure, I quickly masked my shock.

"Oh, I'm sorry… I was just lost in thought. Things have been very hard for me lately," I replied, trying to sound calm as I glanced at the hot chocolate she had brought me.

(Oh god...)

(Does this monster want me to drink blood!?!)

(It didn't even bring me to a cozy home, but instead… this is a whole town with lots of skeletons!!!)

(And I'm even sitting on top of someone's lifeless body! Like what the heck!)

(Is this monster using an illusion on me!?!)

(This type of monster and its abilities were never mentioned in the freaking novel!)

(What are you doing, older sister!?!)

"I see, must be really hard then," the monster says, still staring at me.

(So I was never saved by anyone in the first place???)

(Then that means the favor this monster asked me to do was just a lie!)

(Are the information this monster gave me… is it fake or real?)

(I don't know. A monster I just met a minute ago is right here in front of me now.)

(But this one is much taller and uglier than the one I just met.)

"Yeah, but it's fine. As long as I can get back home alive, that is," I said, feeling my heart racing. I'm still human; I can't help but feel scared in front of such an ugly monster!

"Of course," the monster says, still staring at me intensely. I feel uncomfortable under its gaze, and I glance at the snow fruit in my hand, only to realize I'm holding the severed head of the person I was with.

(Holy heck.)

(How long have I been holding this disgusting head?!)

(Okay, calm down, calm down.)

(The monster is literally right in front of me.)

(Play it cool, let's play it cool.)

(Calm down, I need to calm myself down first.)

I take a deep breath and look the monster straight in the eyes, but I can't hold its gaze for more than a few seconds.

(Ah, I'm screwed.)

(It's staring at me with such malice!)

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost," the monster says.

(Ghost? Me? Do I look like I've seen a ghost?)

(No! Let's rephrase it! There's a disgusting monster right in front of me, and I want to scream, but I can't.)

I glance at the marble in my hand, unable to make eye contact with the monster still staring at me.

(Shake off the thought! Shake it off and pretend I don't know anything for now!)

.
.
.
.🦋

Choosing The Villainess As My Motherजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें