Chapter 55 - A Nutty Situation

˗ˏˋChoosing The Villainess As My Mother ࿐ྂ

»»🦋»»

As the little lady looked back and forth, the blue-haired guy remained motionless, and Bosworth continued to stare without blinking at him.

"Uhm...are we having a staring contest today?" the little lady asked, while Mr. David stood beside Bosworth.

"Uhm...hello? Mr. Bosworth, come back to earth?" the little lady tried again, crossing her arms as she glanced between Bosworth and the blue-haired guy.

"You two won't stop staring at each other? Do you like each other that much?" the little lady joked, but still, the three of them remained frozen, as if they were statues.

"Really?" the young girl sighed, starting to walk away from them.

"Okay, have fun then. I'm going to sneak into the kitchen to steal some cookies mwehehehehe. (≧▽≦)" the little lady says, successfully sneaking away.

The little lady made her way straight to the kitchen where the head chef and the others were busy at work.

She slipped inside unnoticed, and within seconds, she had found a chair, quietly placed it near the table, and climbed up.

"Hmm??" the head cook exclaimed, spotting a small hand behind the table.

"My lady??" the head cook called out, surprised to see the little lady climbing onto the chair.

"Ah...hello! (ㆁωㆁ)" the little lady greeted cheerfully, and the head cook smiled, with everyone now looking at her.

"May I know why the young lady has graced us with her presence in the kitchen?" the head cook asked, his smile genuine.

"Uhm..." the little lady began, using her index finger to point to the jar on the table.

"Can I steal that jar of cookies please? (◍•ᴗ•◍)" the little lady requested, drawing smiles from everyone.

"The young lady wants to steal the cookies?" another person remarked, and the little lady nodded with a smile.

"I've never seen a thief ask for permission before," another person chimed in, as the head cook chuckled.

"Well, now you have witnessed one," another maid in the corner added, and they all laughed together.

"My lady, I think it would be better if you ate these cookies tomorrow," the head cook suggested.

"Why tomorrow and not now? (・ัω・ั)" the little lady asked, her face showing a sad expression.

"I believe the young lady understands why," the head cook remarked with a smile.

"I'm not sure," the little lady responded, her smile still present.

"The young lady has already enjoyed quite a few sweets today. It might not be wise to eat more," the head cook explained.

"But I'm feeling hungry again," the little lady countered, eyeing the cookies.

"I'd like that one, please~ (。•́︿•̀。) Can I have it?" the little lady asked, pointing at the cookies with her tiny fingers and looking up at the head cook.

"Ah...my heart," the head cook chuckled, while the others laughed.

"Alright, but just for today, miss," the head cook agreed, passing the jar of cookies to the little lady, who couldn't hide her delight.

"Ah! Ah! Thank you!" the little lady exclaimed, settling down on the floor and eagerly opening the jar. She took a bite of a peanut cookie.

"Hmmm~ yummy!!!! (≧▽≦)" she exclaimed happily, munching on five and a half cookies with peanuts. Suddenly, she stopped chewing.

"Are you alright, my little miss?" Maddie asked, just arriving in the kitchen with the head maid.

"I-I...I don't feel so good," the little lady admitted, putting the cookies back into the jar.

"Why, my little miss?" Maddie asked.

"My lady, do you have an upset stomach?" the head cook asked, noticing the little lady starting to sweat.

"Maddie~" the little lady called out, moving towards Maddie, who then comforted her.

"What's wrong, my little miss?" Maddie asked, concerned.

"I don't feel so good," the little lady admitted.

"My skin is starting to get itchy, and my heart feels like it's squeezing," she continued, scratching her arms. But the head cook intervened, examining the red spots on her arms.

"My goodness! My little miss, what are these on your arms? Why are there red spots?" Maddie exclaimed.

"Huh? I don't know, but it's very itchy. Can I scratch it?" the little lady asked, but the head cook shook his head.

"My lady, I think you might be allergic to peanuts or nuts. You were fine just a few minutes ago before eating these cookies made with peanuts," the head cook suggested.

"I don't know," the little lady replied, trying to reach her other hand to scratch.

"Don't even think about scratching it, my little miss," Maddie cautioned.

"I think we should call for a doctor to examine the lady, her allergic reaction could turn to worst if we don't do anything." another maid suggested, and everyone nodded in agreement.

"But can I still have the cookies?" the little lady asked, taking another bite, but Maddie quickly snatched the cookies from her hand.

"Spit that out, my little miss! You can't eat those cookies anymore," Maddie insisted.

"But...I already ate it," the little lady  protested, starting to scratch her arms as the itch intensified.

"Oh, my little miss is quite the troublemaker," Maddie remarked.

"From now on, the young lady must not eat any sweets that contain peanuts," the head maid declared.

"Before anything is served, it must be checked twice," the head maid added, but the little lady had already left the kitchen unnoticed.

.
.
.
.🦋