XIV: Many meetings - Friends of old

~ XIV: Many meetings ~

~ Part I: Friends of old ~

Imladris, 3018 TA, October 24

The early morning came as a promise kept and the wind was howling stronger through Imladris. All seemed empty and silent as the day had not started yet. Rain was drizzling from the cloudy sky and had been falling against the long waterfalls of Imladris echoing its sound like a whispering angelic melody. More gusts of cold wind rushed through the open corridors outside the prince's bed-chamber. He was dressed and knew where he was heading. He knew who he would meet. The thought of finally meeting him after a long time made him feel comfortable and homely.

"You draw too much attention to yourself?" he heard suddenly someone speak to him. He came to a hold and turned his gaze from where the voice was heard. There at the beginning of the corridor on his left side, he saw a figure standing close to the shadow. "I was expecting a little more caution from you." the male said.

Legolas noticed the man's rich voice, which gave him an impression of solid assurance and was really pleasant to listen to. His tone was earnest, and his language was informal but not disrespectful. Only someone close to the prince, a trusted friend... an old friend, would talk to him in such a manner.

"Ú-dangada?" [Who can say?] Legolas replied, the corners of his lips slipped upward when he saw the familiar figure approaching him. "Why does that bother you?" The elf gave the man a phoney serious look before skipping beside him and giving him a tight embrace. A deed that the Prince reserved for those he held dear.

"Indeed? I can avoid being drawing as much attention as you do my friend," the man offered while sharing an embrace with the elf. He seemed happy to see Legolas after so long, he smirked and provoke the prince a bit further "Are you frightened?"

Legolas tilted his head confused "Frightened? Of what?"

Both men began going down the halls, carrying on their cordial conversation. The man gazed at the elf with amusement, he had missed his friend and the times they have shared fighting and talking. "Not nearly frightened enough," he said seriously in a soft tone "I have heard about the recent incident, are you well?"

Legolas ignored the seriousness in his voice and smirked proudly "It would take more than that to kill the prince of Mirkwood. However, if you must know I am well!" As if to answer his next unspoken question he added "You have yet to believe me, it was an accident."

The ranger stopped and observed his friend closely "An accident?" he repeated in disbelief "In all the years I have known you, you never had an accident and you never made a mistake Legolas. What happened?"

The elf could never fool the ranger, they both knew each other very well. And the best part was he did not have to fool him. Legolas could be honest with his friend, he could speak his mind without worries. Because to him, he was Legolas, his warrior friend. "Do you want the whole narrative or just portions of it?" he asked him in a teasing tone.

"You cannot give me the short version..." the ranger demanded "Time is on our side and I would want to hear the long version of your tale."

Grinning, the elf watched how the man's face was smiling slightly. He cleared his throat and started narrating the ranger through all the events that unfolded since Xena and he met. He started from the first night he met her outside the opening, and how alien he found her. Then he kept with all the small "accidents" they kept having. The alien woman and her bizarre actions surprised the ranger and the discussion went on until yesterday's event was mentioned where Legolas was injured.