CXIV: The Nameless Son [Bonus Chapter I]

Ithilien, Tenth Year of the Fourth Age (FA), December 1st

She embraced storms as though the gusts were rocket fuel and the rain her best friend. While some were meant to provide shelter or to provide refuge for others, she was destined to tame what no one else could. The sky's splendour was obscured by grey clouds, and the moon could not escape the storm that had been unleashed. She had spent the night with Legolas, who was experiencing a nightmare. Xena was well aware that the elf was never completely cured of his own terrors. It distressed her to see what Legolas endured to stay in Middle-earth.

The elf leapt from their bed with a scream that resonated around the chamber. He completely awoke and became aware of an additional presence in the room. It did not take him long to get his knife and threaten the individual standing next to him. Both parties seemed nervous, while the other was as swift in action and drew her own blade as metal clashed against metal. Xena attempted to prevent Legolas from assaulting her after he was rescued from his nightmare.

"Why are you present?" Legolas felt exhausted as his eyes adjusted to the low light and he realised that the person standing in front of him was Xena and not his nightmare's antagonist. "I could have murdered you before recognising you!"

"You may have tried, elf," Xena responded with a harsh tone, while her eyes betrayed her regret at being unable to free Legolas from his dreams. "You forget I have many skills!" she grinned at her companion as she defended herself with her sword.

Legolas turned his head to look at his surroundings, but quickly realised it was a mistake, as he was quick enough to raise his dagger in front of his face to parry Xena's attack. "Rawen!" the elf barked her elfin name before advancing with the assault.

Xena sneered as she evaded his next assault, "You're old enough to know you should never turn your back on your enemy!"

Now that his lover had had his undivided attention, Legolas was enthused and the nightmare was forgotten. He grabbed up his second knife, ducked to escape another strike, and touched her arm twice, just escaping inflicting a minor cut. "You forget who I am?" Legolas fought back with dignity.

Xena stopped his next attack and regarded him with a sardonic grin, saying, "I do recall, elf, how many times I've shown that you are no match for me!"

"You may need to remind me once again," Legolas murmured as he intercepted the hit that Xena was about to deliver to his shoulder. "Because I do not recall!"

"However, do not complain that I did not warn you, elf!" Xena laughed and flipped to dodge one more of his assaults, a few more followed, and after a few seconds of stroke swordplay, she moved forward, leading Legolas to lose his footing and fall onto his back against the bed as he attempted to avoid landing a devastating blow.

"You almost caused me to hurt you, you fool!" Legolas battled and worriedly regarded her as he let his two blades fall to the bed.

The battle had ceased, and Xena chuckled as she hovered over him, drew near, and put her own sword next to his. She then moved between his knees and used her leg to separate them enough for her to mount him. Before long, she was leaning in and running kisses down his neck while carefully attempting to remove his robe. Xena's lips quickly met his, and she kissed him passionately while running her fingers in his ear, causing the elf to tremble under her.

"Stop this... please!" Legolas begged, and the warrior smirked wickedly and remained in that position, stealing more of his kisses. It was not long before she had stripped him of his robe and was sitting on his lap, with the elf falling into such a state of arousal from her scent that he desired to be completely seduced by her. "You have won!" Legolas pleaded with her for compassion.