LXIX: Unspoken memories... must be kept forgotten

Woodland Realm, 3019 TA, March 16

The Elvenking raced across enormous courtyards and passageways in natural stillness. He was worried when Tauriel found him and informed him that Amethyst had slipped into the throne room numerous times, while he was riding to meet the enemy in combat. Pushing a pair of large wooden gates open without a second look at the astonished guards, he went through in the direction of his throne believing he would find the intruder there. This time he would explain his point of view for her and her father to realize that he was the King of his Halls and not them.

The hallways were whirling around him, causing him to put his palm to his hurting temples. He never imagined that his generosity to the moonlight elves would cause so many troubles for his kingdom. The troops of Sauron grew every day, Mirkwood had been invaded several times, and Thranduil forged new alliances. He rode out with Glóin son of Gróin and his troops, as well as Bard II great-grandson of Bard the Bowman, and his warriors. Lothlórien was under assault for the third time, while Imladris was attacked at its boundaries. War had erupted across Middle-earth, and the adversary ensured that his enemies would experience his wrath and darkness.

Despite this, Thranduil returned to his Halls to ensure everything was in order. He always left his finest men and Tauriel behind to keep an eye on Dínenion and his daughter, who had become a significant concern for the king, and had he not been at war, he would have barred them from entering his land. But he could not subject them to such cruelty, even if they deserved it.

The Elvenking stood in front of Amethyst, tall and slender, with wide shoulders and the athletic build of a superb warrior and ruthless ruler. Long light blonde hair and ice-blue eyes like the cold gazed at her from under an ash grey cloak and a crown of wildflowers, indicating a noble heritage. I have no time for such stupidity, he thought incoherently.

"Some may imagine that a noble maiden is observing in curiosity. I myself suspect a more prosaic motive: attempted to sit on a throne thinking as it was yours." The Elvenking spoke in superiority making himself known inside his throne his voice echoed loudly through his Halls and she was not prepared to find him there. "You have found a way in. You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to rule: my son and a broken oath."

"I was only admiring your throne, my king, this wooden throne and its design attracted me," Amethyst responded while seated on the throne and corrected her posture as if she were an integral part of the throne. She adjusted her gray-purple robe and crossed her legs while glancing at the king as if he were her equal. "You are aware that the oath is still binding, King Thranduil. Your son will become mine!" She grinned and refrained from saying anything nasty because she believed that Your son would not escape. I am aware of how to capture him.

His hand lingered on the hilt of his sword, and the idea of killing her was so enticing. I could slay her in an instant, but it would be yet another foolish deed. "Today, I will allow you to return to your father unhurt, but the next time you cross my throne and address me in such a way, you will not be spared."

"A favor for a favor. I shall quit appearing and sitting on your throne, King Thranduil. If it is so bothersome to you. I had no intention of offending you, but an oath is an oath. And Legolas is mine! How can you disregard an oath your father took? Are you concerned about losing your son or your throne?" Amethyst questioned him while uncrossing her legs and awaiting his response.

Amethyst was the daughter of Kings; she was born into a kingdom and reared in a noble environment. If her father had not trusted the Necromancer and let him cross with their country without alerting the other Eldar in the hope that their realm would be spared, she would now be the queen of their kingdom. However, they were betrayed and assaulted by the enemy. And every time her father attempted to defend their realm, calamity ensued.