LXXXVII: Family Perception

Caras Galadhon, 3019 TA, April 16th

It was becoming quiet in the Golden Woods of Lothlórien, which were the fairest of all the dwellings of my the Eldar. Paths of branches of huge mallorn-trees around them shielded them from the worst of the evening wind, but little whirls kept the smaller branches snapping fitfully, and stirred the leaves which shifted against each other as though whispering secrets.

"What's your point?" Xena asked. She had followed Galadriel, her so-called grandmother, for a long talk, while haking through the Golden Forest. Their conversation was long, longer than the Warrior Princess wanted it to be. Perhaps being an elf, left them with a lot of free time to discuss, but she was not in the mood.

"If you stayed, you would have become a target for all those who hate Elrond, and of the enemy needed something to humiliate him, saying that you were the offspring of his mate and some beast. That you are not! And you would learn things a child should never know." the Princess of the Ñoldor answered in a melodic voice while gazing at her with affection and care as she did with all her grandchildren.

"I would become like me!" she ensured her. "After all, it was not that while sending me to another world, to another family that my life was easy. It was not!" the words split ut of her lips dryly "I was thorough enough of darkness and pain in that life, how different would be here?"

"You should have been raised as our own." Galadriel agreed "Perhaps it would not be much different."

"You have missed your chance," Xena said without a second thought. There was no remorse in her words, and she would not give them a chance to make amends, at least not until she would be ready to accept what was said to her.

"You do not grasp. The time allotted to you is infinite. To forgive and comprehend Elrond. However, you must possess an open heart, my child." The Lady of the Galadhrim said while putting her hand gently on Xena's shoulder.

"Again? What's your point?" Xena asked being a bit more annoyed now.

"Eldar are immune to illness and not subject to age after we reach our prime. We can be killed only in violence or by extreme despair." Galadriel said "You are a warrior, and being killed will not come easy. And I am not sure how despair would affect your own fëa. You might have a long span of life. For how long are you going to avoid us?"

"Avoid you?" Xena scoffed "I am not avoiding you! I do not wish to meet with you."

"You are hiding from everyone," the lady of light noted "You will have eventually to accept the truth. After all, you would have done the same. Have you not once abandoned your son, in fear he might take after you? Did you not wish for his safety first?"

"I have," she admitted in sorrow "and I understand the reasons Elrond would have to follow that path. I would have done the same. But that doesn't mean, I can simply accept what you said. I need time. Time to process, all this!"

"You will have all the time you need, Aduialeth[Second-Twilight] ," Galadriel answered "Though you are not required to avoid them. Notably, your siblings who were in the same state of bewilderment as you and who were unaware of the reality."

"Are you telling me this for my good- or yours?" Xena asked. They both had stopped walking and Xena glared at her, slowly losing her patience with her.

"For all of us. Reconsider and take your time, but do not forget us, we are family after all," she continued "most of the elves are slowly leaving Middle Earth, our time here is ending and only a few will remain. You should not ignore the time that was given to you."