LXXIII: Familiar Faces and Stolen Kisses

Minas Tirith, 3019 TA, April 1st

Hero. Indeed, she has been referred to in the past as Hero and the Destroyer of Nations. The argument over her atonement continued, and she would never have the correct response. She had struggled once again to defeat the spreading evil in this world. And now, with the war won and just a few battles remaining, what transpired? This victory did not provide her inner serenity, but rather additional uncertainty.

The elf was the only one who could understand her, and he had already assigned them a new assignment. Riding to Imladris he offered, bringing Arwen safe to the King. She accepted. It did not take lengthy discussions to convince her to follow. What was her problem? He asked, and she agreed. And now she was imprisoned in the chamber allotted to her, with two of the finest seamstresses in Gondor attempting to create a new wardrobe for her.

Just a few days ago, everyone was in mourning because the darkness had devastated everything and everyone. Now that hope had returned, mankind had the fortitude to resume their everyday activities. In contrast, Xena could not recognize any ordinary patterns in this realm. She did not respond to her own questions. Why did she go to Middle Earth? What was her relationship with Elrond? What course would she take now?

Hours were spent and the tailors, as well as their subject, were now in conflict. She needed a new armor and they could only provide gowns. In the end, she agreed with the most comfortable choice. However, it was a choice well made. It was a long gown, with an A-line silhouette fitted through the bodice and started to flare out at the waist in a triangular fashion. It was moderate to very full at the base. It was an off-the-shoulder gown in a medieval dress with long sleeves that drape gracefully off-the-shoulder.

It was a style suitable for elven maidens and royals, and a host of different occasions. The gown was burgundy red crushed velvet with long flowing sleeves in burgundy chiffon. The dress had tied on the back with satin black ribbons. The front of the bodice was solid like a corset, and the ribbons were hugging the torso creating designs of crosses. And final the waistline was covered with a black satin belt of a thicker ribbon that fell along the long skirt of the gown.

Her pale skin and dark brown hair, had her look like a fair elven maiden. She was now clean and rested, all the dirt was gone, and only a few cuts remained. She was astonished when she observed her own reflection in the mirror. She was well aware that she was beautiful, and always knew the way she carried herself around was not showing that she had confidence in her beauty. But today, she was not only beautiful, but she also looked like those fair maidens she had seen in the elven cities. Amazing what expensive materials can do. Her thought was interrupted when someone knocked on her door.

The two seamstresses had completed their work and opened the door hoping to be rescued. Outside the door was standing a tall elf with dark long hair, the ladies bowed blushed, and run away. Elladan smiled and allowed himself to enter her chamber and glanced at the human wearing the unusual long red gown. His lips curled up and relived his laugh lines, as he smiled at her. Father was right! He thought and now he could see the similarities they shared.

Before the twins left Rivendell to participate in the last great battle of Morannon, Elrond revealed to them the truth. He did not know how the war would end, but he had to explain who Xena was to his twin sons and to Arwen. It raised numerous questions, but it seemed that they already had the answers. Momentarily, Elladan fought this need to tell her the truth and embrace her.

"You certainly look different," Elladan said as he shut the door behind him and approached her."I feel that your time away from Imladris contributed to your attractiveness."