CX: At Home inIthilien

Ithilien, 3021 TA, October 29

A colony of Mirkwood Elves headed by Legolas arrived in Ithilien, and it once again became the most beautiful place in all of the Westlands, until all Elves ultimately departed for the Sea. Though at the time, everyone was striving to construct Ithilien and establish a colony in the ancient forest. When Legolas first travelled through Ithilien, he was enchanted by its body and spirit, and he longed to establish a family there. He had no idea that his ambition would eventually come true and that he would move his family to Ithilien a year later.

The brilliant golden sun slowly ascended in the sky. The darkness of Ithilien steadily transformed into a brilliant grey. Xena felt the sun's rays hitting her face. She opened her eyes and blinked in an attempt to adjust to the blinding brightness around her. Nevertheless, that was not the only thing that troubled her. The tranquillity was disrupted by her own thoughts. All of her senses pointed her in the direction of the gates, indicating that she should immediately rise up and flee.

She thought, 'I'm losing my mind again,' as she rolled out from beneath the blankets and got up. She agreed with herself that she would dismiss her bothersome thoughts by shaking her head. She decided to dress and make a short journey to the entrance. She traversed the passageways till she reached the Ithilien gates. Xena hiked for some time with her eyes closed, as if she were exploring distant memories or listening to noises she had forgotten for some time.

The days she spent in Ithilien gave her a taste of a world distinct from the one she remembered. She took a few steps beyond the threshold while the guards saluted her. She was now known as the princess; the word caused her to tremble, and Legolas delighted in seeing her leap whenever she was addressed as such.

Xena stopped at the closest wooden bridge. The fall leaves, twirling and waltzing as though putting on a spectacular performance, break the morning's silence. And the odours, oh my, the odours intensified every minute. It smelt earthy and reminiscent of leaves. Also, sour apples and cinnamon penetrate her nostrils a bit deeper.

The fall leaves, twirling and waltzing as though putting on a spectacular performance, break the morning's silence. She yawned and sat up, glancing briefly at the October celebration that nature was having. The trees, the leaves, and the grass were all in perfect harmony. Her blue eyes made the error of looking deeper. She saw individuals and motions far from the bridge. Xena was blinded by the intense brightness.

It cannot be the sun alone that shines so brightly. She pressed her lips together and shut her eyes. As the sun hid behind a milky cloud, she reopened her eyes, and the sparkling creature became more distinct. A low heat flared inside her. She stood inside the darkest of her shadows and surveyed the light. She walked forward before seeing that he was looking back at her. This brilliant light seemed familiar to her. She had seen it once again, and it had the same effect on her.

His face, albeit fair and more attractive than before. Aware of the repercussions of her actions, she dropped her eyes and retreated. The bitter realization of the uncertainty coursing through her veins that she could attract attention to a creature as brilliant as he. She took one more glance around before flicking her hair. The emotions and behaviour were repeated.

On the other side of the bridge, the stunning Ellon had already detected her gaze. She seemed more vivacious and wild than the day they first met. His beloved did not even have on a robe. Her clothing brought to recall her previous ensembles. She even carried her own sword. He agreed to disregard the peculiar tests that threatened his survival. He raised his eyes and continued to survey the area in front of him. Ultimately, he would soon receive his answers.

He never imagined that going home would provide life's holy grail. Being close to her was the only thing he really desired. But why, when returning home after a month, did everything seem so alive? He grinned at her and could not wait to tell her about his latest experience with Gimli. As requested by Aragorn, they proceeded to Gondor, and Legolas was absent for some time.