XCI: The Crowning of King Elessar

Minas Tirith, 3019 TA, May 1st

On the summit of Minas Tirith, the courtyard was packed with citizens who had gathered to witness the coronation of their true king on the first day of Lótessë. The huge white doors of the Citadel had opened, and the courtyard was crowded with people of various types. Slowly, everyone appeared in front of friends, relatives, and strange individuals. Gandalf and Aragorn emerged at the top of the steps, the future king clad in armor bearing the symbol of Gondor, and the audience adoring their new ruler.

Arwen stood next to Elrond with their kin, her arm around his and a broad grin on her face. As Gandalf put the crown onto Aragorn's head, she beamed with joy as she heard the twins shouting in the background. Legolas was smiling, and Xena saw that the sorrow and gloom that had enveloped them for the last month were gradually fading away.

Gimli gave Gandalf a silver crown to put on the king's head. Gandalf then placed the crown on the king's head, and Gimli swiftly retreated from view. Aragorn knelt before Gandalf, who smiled sincerely before laying the crown on his head. Few heard the wizard speak a few words in elvish to bless the new king. "Now come the days of the king. May they be blessed." The wizard announced as he crowned Aragorn; King.

"This day does not belong to one man, but to all. Let us together rebuild this world that we may share in the days of peace." the King said as he turned and addressed the crowd and everyone applauded happily. Finally, after a long time of battles and wars, there was peace and a king for Gondor.

Aragorn closed his eyes and sang "Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta." [Out of the Great Sea to Middle-earth I have come. In this place will I abide, and my heirs, unto the ending of the world.]

After the song concluded, the king greeted everyone by walking through the throng. Faramir and Éowyn paid their respects to the King upon meeting them. Both were dressed in formal attire, and their appearances were fair and attractive. Their wounds had been healed, and their hearts had become one. When both were going after Aragorn to get ready hours earlier, they seemed different.

King Éomer and Princess Lothriel then bowed and received the new king. Gimli would be included. Keeping Éomer as far away from Lothriel as possible. It seems that the princess of Dol Amroth wanted to pay her respects to the new king as well. She consented to go with Éomer to Minas Tirith, but Éomer treated her as though she were a fragile woman during the journey. She ultimately surrounded him and made it plain she could protect herself. And now both were estranged.

A troop of luminous Elves suddenly came and blocked the King's way. Legolas made himself prominent. He was dressed in a long, silver, shining robe. On his head was a circlet, and his hair was finely coiffed. Aragorn and Legolas put their hands on one another's shoulders. Both friends had a warm embrace, and the King praised his valued and close friend. Elrond and Arwen were revealed as Legolas step aside. As Aragorn gazed in awe, Elrond gestured Arwen in his direction. The King became perplexed and regarded Arwen with amazement.

Elessar had always assumed that they would never end up together, but he had awaited this moment for so long. Aragorn skipped alongside her and gently seized Arwen. Longingly, they regarded one another before the king kissed her. The provided kiss was intense and a little longer than it should have been.

Finally, Legolas turned his attention to Xena. The moment he smiled at her, Xena felt one or more heartbeats skip. She had not seen Legolas being carefree or smiling recently. He was always concerned about his mother, the hunt, and exacting his vengeance. Today, though, everything was forgotten since it was Elessar's coronation. The sorrow and the gloom were disregarded for this magnificent occasion.