XC: Almost Set... to Escape!

Minas Tirith, 3019 TA, May 1st

Men whose days lacked hope and who awaited each morning's word of their demise saw pleasant weather and bright sun as a cruel joke. And word spread of a new king and the beginning of a new era in which they would vanquish all evil and dwell in harmony under a combined kingdom. And last, the day had arrived for Estel to be proclaimed king and for everyone to celebrate the defeat of the Dark Lord.

As Aragorn moved silently into the king's apartments, he realised that he was in an exceptionally pleasant mood. This was absolutely astonishing, he thought with a smile, given that he had slept away an entire day of preparations after his trusty friend Gimli had given him a severe hit to the head. Thus, he was subjected to the horrors of answering inquiries about what to dress, where guests should sit, and if everyone would be invited to the celebration. Nevertheless, he could take solace in the fact that after today, he would be king and designate someone else to endure such a horror.

His private quarters were placed on the highest level of Minas Tirith and were surrounded by gardens. They were constructed of white stone, like the rest of Minas Tirith, and consisted of three connected chambers. From the vast aperture, he had a clear view of the lowest tier of the city, where the Great Gate of Minas Tirith was situated, and the courtyard on the highest tier of the city, where his coronation would take place.

Aragorn had made an effort to avoid having this talk. Even though about running away and turning up an hours before the coronation. It had taken a lot of convincing to even get him to consider ascending to the throne of Gondor, and now that he had, all the intricacies he needed to take care of were spinning in his head. The future king's meeting had been requested by Faramir and his lady Éowyn. Without understanding what would happen next, he was forced to agree.

The first person to speak was Éowyn, who said, "As you know, your crowning ceremony is in less than a few hours. You have managed to avoid most of the preparation, my lord Aragorn, but there are a few issues that we have to take care of."

Aragorn looked at her and nodded, trying not to chuckle that Gimli's knock to his head had spared him from having to attend all the royal preparations. "Where is Gimli?" Knowing what he was thinking, Faramir frowned at him after hearing him inquire. In an effort to get out of the duties, he eventually inquired, "What are those specifics fair maiden?"

"Ney, Master Gimli is forbidden from seeing you, as he may end up having you escape again with another knock on the head." Faramir told him "We don't have much time to get you ready."

In order to prepare his royal attire, Éowyn had already opened the doors to his room, enabling maidens, hairdressers, and seamstresses to arrive with a wide range of textiles. She said that they should begin the preparations while they discussed the specifics. It was obvious that the seamstress's leader was an artist since even the years of darkness had not removed her spike. She had a kind of emotional clarity that permeated their art form and allowed her to communicate whatever she had conjured up in her mind.

She went by the name of Viviana, was Faramir's third cousin, heroically spent her whole life in Gondor, and collaborated with her father Dwite, a skilled craftsman. When she had reached adulthood she was a helper in her father's shop, however, there was a passion that flowed in her veins, one that needed to become an expression in the real world, as deeply communicative as any other form of art. And it did not take long for her to decide to follow her dream she became a seamstress, and her opinion mattered.

When today, she was hired to take care of the clothing for the king and the court after Faramir requested her and her crew to help the King. While many fresh maidens were working for her and learning about fashion, Viviana agreed but he asked that her business stay open. Although Faramir was perplexed and had little knowledge of fashion or design, Éowyn reassured her that the store would continue to be open.