XCIII: The Shadowed Greenwood Part II

Woodland Realm, 3019 TA, May 15th

"What is the meaning of this?" Legolas inquired his tone had dropped dangerously and he was now gazing at the maiden "Speak now!" he demanded and he was not in a mood to be delayed. The Elvenking's son was standing tall and powerful, a close image of his father asking inquiries as though he was connected to the lord of these halls. And the point was that he was.

"Easy now my lord," Amethyst stated as she straightened her figure and stared at the group of three from the throne, "We have not met, I am Amethyst, daughter of Dínenion, and the princess of the moonlight elves. My grandfather was Hastion, have you heard his name before my lord?"

"I know who Hastion was, but what is the point of you being here?" Legolas questioned again and now his fury was evident, Gimli and Xena were almost preparing to draw their swords, but he indicated to them to wait "Explain yourself!"

"You seek that which would bestow upon you the right to access your safe stay under the King's Halls," she said furiously with the prince who had arrived already with a maiden in his company. Amethyst wrapped her anger and tried to behave, he needed Legolas to trust her and not think of her as a threat. "Though Prince you show up with old enemies and unknown maidens?"

"Only with a great reason, would the prince return. This is Gimli, son of Glóin! And this is Xena! Now Lady Amethyst could you kindly explain why you are sitting on my father's throne?" Legolas waited a few minutes before he spoke in louder tones. "I need an answer now!"

"Prince Legolas! You returned with dwarves and humans as your allies, and you do not recognize your kin and promise that was once given by your own grandfather to mine." the pale maiden said while studying the woman next to Legolas.

Legolas stood in silence as he took his time observing the daughter of Dínenion, indeed she stood tall and was surrounded by royal aura and upbringing, however, there was something that shadowed her. Legolas could not explain it, but it was like there was evil within her. "With whom I travel Lady Amethyst is none of your concerns, as well as who will follow me inside my father's Halls. You better provide me with a valid explanation before I have you thrown to the dungeons." Legolas threatened while keeping a calmness.

Amethyst stood tall, her silver gown was covering her slender figure, the prince's response was not much to her liking, but he had to answer. "If you must know, your father has ridden out, to face orcs, and I was left here in his command. You were not around my Lord, someone has to look after Mirkwood. And even now that you are back you are insulting me and the oath taken by your own grandfather, by letting a maiden escort you?" she said and acted as if grief had fallen upon her.

Too much time has passed since Xena had been seeing this ironic spectacle unfolding in front of her without ultimately hitting the so-called princess. She discovered that the elf had too much time and tolerance to continue attempting to reason with her. Xena remained silent, evidently deep in concentration, but he could see her neck muscles twitching softly. She finally turned her head and regarded his face with silent concentration. "Let's just see what happens." Then a faint shrug and took a step towards the throne to drag Amethyst outside.

Legolas was quick enough to take her hand and draw her back while shaking his head and signaling for her to wait. Before she could expel them from their realm, he had to discover why that idiotic girl maiden was behaving like she was the ruler of Mirkwood and what she meant by the pledge his grandpa had sworn. The only reason he was still attempting to reason with her was that his father had not yet barred her from entering his home. That implied there was a rationale.