LXXXV: Tonight you are Mine!

Warning: Concepts contained in this chapter include lewd moments! You have been warned! ;)

---

Caras Galadhon, 3019 TA, April 15th

Pain and rage had filled his soul's emptiness and void. As he hurried away from his father, he was still pressing his palm on the wound. It was not going to be as tranquil as the elf had anticipated. His intention was to spend some time with the human in order to forget the darkness they had both suffered and to accompany Arwen to her king along the road. It should be a peaceful and dream-filled moment of happiness.

He was aware that Mirkwood and several other locations would continue to be plagued by orcs and other beasts, so he resolved to help those in need. He and Gimli would always be there to help Elessar on his perilous trip, and they would respond whenever he need assistance. However, he wanted to return to Mirkwood to assist his father. Once he left home, he promised himself he would never again play the prince's game.

Now that he had regained his composure and saw what darkness can do to other kings and nobility, he was concerned about his father and his home. Along the journey, he would seek answers regarding the death of his mother. And he had meticulously planned and structured everything in his head. He even desired in secret that the human would accompany him on his new travels. Because she had become a close friend of equal importance to Gimli and Elessar.

And just when everything seemed peaceful and well-organized, chaos broke out and led to his downfall. There was no longer any calm inside him, just sorrow, rage, and despondency. He had to immediately pursue Uagz and make him pay for the murder of his mother. He did not care about the cost; he was willing to die trying. This was the sole relevant plan.

He was a fool to assume that his father would finally reason with him and communicate. He treated him as if he were an infant who did not understand how the world operated. Surely he did not live as long as his father, nor did he experience the same suffering and gloom as him. However, he believed he would have his support. After all, he was merely discussing his mother, so why was it improper? Why was Thranduil so pessimistic about Legolas discovering the truth?

Now, fresh ideas were developing and taking over his head. Perhaps he was responsible for his mother's death. Perhaps this was the reason why his father wanted to get his own retribution. Infuriated, Legolas tightened his fists and gazed at the blurry scene in front of him. He was uncertain as to how long he would be able to maintain self-control. He realised he needed to settle down and return with Arwen to Minas Tirith.

He wanted to attend Elessar's coronation and need his counsel. If Aragorn and Gimli had been there, he would have spoken to them and they would have helped to calm him down. Even if he did not trouble them with his sadness, their presence and the knowledge that they would support him were sufficient. Obviously, he had more friends in Lothlórien, including the twins and Arwen. But Legolas was unable to discuss the loss of his mother with them. It would simply prompt them to recall their mother.

Thankfully, his desperation did not lead him to treat his friend so brutally. This person was the only one remaining and the one he wanted to see at this time. She would be sufficient to enrage him and make him forget his suffering. How bizarre it was that he had become such an important figure in his life. This was what he needed. Before he went wild, he had to go and find her.

He took a step back and jumped from the Mallorn-tree in a harsh and ungainly manner. He began to observe her in many locations where they had spent time together. His mind and emotions were consumed by the recollections. He got blinded by his escalating rage and a new intoxicating emotion that increased his desire for her. Legolas had never experienced so many emotional ups and downs.