CV: A lost son

Imladris, 3021 TA, April 13th

In his dreams, he heard his children's footsteps, laughing, and spontaneous song lyrics. He was both sleepy and alert in his spirit, recalling those exquisite parenthood moments. On other days, he'd think back on those overnight exploits and that boisterous morning at breakfast. His son was a carbon copy of him, with the same hair and eyes, but his grin was unique, and it was his mother's smile. He would constantly pay him a visit in his dreams late at night.

Childhood should be a time of innocence, wonder, safety, of love. It should be a chance to discover passions, talents, and a unique basket of interests. It should the solid foundation that gave to children the most healthy epigenetics and biological health for future years. He desires for his son to grow in love and to have both of his parents. However, the reality was that Legolas had neither a son nor anybody to love. Why would a family he never knew haunt his dreams?

Every night, Legolas would need to reflect on what had transpired between him and his mother since the most recent incidents. A good night's relaxation and sleep assisted in mending his damaged heart. And each night he fantasised about his son's potential future.

And each morning, he awakened to his world, alone inside his own bubble. There was no spouse or child. Numerous times, he had questioned Gandalf and Elrond about his dreams, and both had assured him that dreams were meaningless. They guaranteed that they would soon pass out, but their dreams became more vivid. Elrond finally responded to his questions by stating that it may have been due to the rapid changes he had undergone. And Legolas agreed.

The elf followed the dwarf for many months until Legolas and other Mirkwood Elves partnered with Gimli and the Dwarves to rebuild and improve Minas Tirith. Then, he took the Elves to Ithilien, where they endeavoured to reconstruct the most beautiful kingdom in the marshes and Gimli had led his people into the glittering caves.

Life was becoming more regular, and it would repeat itself. Gimli and he had accompanied the King in several battles and debates while Elessar rebuilt his kingdom. After two years and a few months, darkness and evil were being gradually eradicated from Middle-earth. They were prepared to leave Middle-earth and cross the Sea. Now that their time had come, everyone had gathered to tell them farewell.

Upon the reappearance of the Fangorn Forest, Xena decided to go and followed Elrond back to Imladris. She eventually found the peace she had sought in Imladris as time went slowly. He spent his days and nights there with her father and brothers, and Arwen would sometimes pay them a visit. She was allowed to spend time with her father and gradually appreciate the life that had been taken from her.

She accompanied the twins and the rangers of the north on small missions and aided them in fights whenever she could. Xena was unable to leave without wilding her weapon, and Elrond received it more quickly than she had anticipated. And both life and misery eventually found their way.

She made it through by remembering all the times they had spent together. But it wasn't enough to mend her broken heart. Xena discovered two things the day she left Minas Tirith: Legolas, before he was thrown into the river and lost his memories, was actually in love with her, and she loved him as well. But she was too obstinate and proud to tell him the truth. She couldn't make him love her since love can't be forced. It was now up to him whether or not he remembered her.

A year had passed since Legolas and she had a secret moment in the Golden Woods, and she was now giving birth to a son. With each contraction, Xena was overcome by excruciating anguish. In those times, for those seconds that seemed to last forever, nothing else existed. She breathed with her eyes closed, hesitant to reengage with existence outside of her own body, as the anguish subsided after a minute or two. The room may as well have been empty for all the awareness she had, and it was so difficult for others to speak, touch, or grab her attention.

The pain of labour had started after she was cornered by the Elvenking who had showed up uninvited in Imladris. He had heard a rumour of a maiden in Imalris being pregnant, and that was a very rare concept among the elves. The gossip said she was without a mate, and her family was going under a lot of stress. It did not take long and Thranduil paid a visit to Nienna demanding to tell him the truth.

After a few strong arguments and a threat, the healer revealed to the Elvenking that Xena was actually pregnant when she had fainted in the courtroom. His wrath was echoing through every corner of Mirkwood of how unlucky and foolish his son was. His grandchild would be born and he would never know it. Who could Elrond hide such important information, why was not Legolas informed?

Thranduil received all of his answers when he journeyed to Imladris and spoke with Elrond and his daughter, who went into labour due to the stress. Thranduil hadn't decided whether to remain outside or within the chamber. He was anxiously going in and out, adding to the expectant woman's concern. Xena had earned his admiration in more ways than he could have imagined. From the day she murdered Uagz and the events that followed. Even if he had to keep it a secret from Legolas, she would have his support.

To respond to all the attention she was receiving from the healers, Xena had to dig deep within herself and pull herself forward, to use her voice, to open her eyes. One of the healers told her that it was time to push. She did so with a guttural groan and was instructed to stop, one was enough. The contractions were, indeed, the most difficult portion of the labour.

When the moment was right, the infant was pushed. Even with less pain, things were better. She held her breath as she felt the baby crowning, the burning stretching of flesh. The infant dropped into the healer's hands with little additional effort. Finally, a boy appeared, and he was weeping, his fledgling eyes opening. The little Elfin, who resembled Legolas and Thranduil, captured everyone's attention.

It seemed as if only sunlight existed in the globe after her kid was born as if the whole planet was brought into peace. Every single person in the room was crying, happy tears. Thranduil and Elrond had finally forgotten their previous feud and seemed to be two naïve grandfathers who had seen their first grandchild.

Elvenking's thoughts erupted in unexpected delight. There was one little entity that had some of his blood and flesh. The most significant living thing in his life was his son's kid. He pledged to protect both his grandson and his mother at any cost. His long period of loneliness had ended. Perhaps his wife had left him. And no one could ever take her place. But at least he had a family now to brighten his days. He would later make a visit to his wife's statue. And he'd tell her about what happened today.

And the infant had certainly brought joy to the House of Elrond. He spent hours with his grandchild, and Thranduil was usually there as well. And as the days went by, more and more people came, from Arwen and Aragorn to Gimli and everyone else. Only Legolas had not arrived since he was unaware that Elrond's youngest daughter was pregnant.

The only one who was left paying for memories and consequences that were not his fault was Legolas. He would many times be drawing in a feeling that would remind him that he had lost his child and his sanity. For once that happened all bets were off. The beast was out of the cage and it was slowly burning the elf. At nights he would fall into worlds where he had a son and wife, a place he was loved and cared for. And again in the morning, everything was taken away from him.

Eventually, he had decided to find out what was happening to him and he decided that ask Galadriel's advice before she would sail from Middle Earth. Maybe she could foretell something in his future and have his trouble heart rest.

((Upcoming Chapter One-Hundred-Six))

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Feel free to Review - Follow - Favorite!