XCVI: Made of stone and wood!

Warning: Concepts contained in this chapter is dark, filled with angst and hurt! You've been forewarned!

Mirkwood, 3019 TA, May 19th

Made of stone and wood!

The prince slowly came back to his senses one thought was repeating in his mind. Made of stone and wood! He always believed that his father was made of stone and wood. After all, that the Elvenking was through he could still stand on his feet and he had not succumbed to darkness. Legolas was raised like that, to stay strong and calm not to give in to the darkness or despair.

Made of stone and wood!

In addition, he was in a rush to criticise his father and his friends, he thought. The only thing he could see was blackness, yet he was certain that his eyes were open. They were not though. His whole body hurt and throbbed, and when he attempted to get up, he discovered he was laying on a cold hardwood floor. He had no idea how he got there. His strength was waning, and his mind was performing strange games. It was as if sorcery and misery had surrounded him, and he awaited the last piece of the jigsaw to become permanently lost.

He could feel his palms against the wood, as he attempted to stand, but could not. His memories of the past and the present had blended together creating a new world for the prince. He would see the ghost of his mother half-eaten by the orcs asking him why he did not rescue her. He would recall Uagz serving him a disgusting mud stew and he could not recall what it was made.

Bones and ashes!

However whose bones and ashes Legolas did not know. Perhaps his mind was protecting him, one last charm placed by Elrond trying to keep his memories locked. It was with terrifying relaxation that Legolas knew what was happening to him. He was slowly fading away, for how long would be able to last through this despair and pain. Honestly, he wanted to remain in Endor, and spend more time with his father, and friends. Was all hope truly lost!?

Made of stone and wood!

This gave him a glimmer of hope, and he hobbled over to the wooden walls, leaned his back against the chilly wall, and took a long breath. It seemed like an opportunity to beat himself mentally. When he first discovered that he was not alone in his rooms. A big number of elves and others were arguing at the door to his bedroom. Now, he was attempting to adapt his eyes to the brightness and shadows of the individuals who were ignoring him. He leaned back against the wall, pulled in a deep breath, and continued to look and listen with his eyes and ears; this gave him renewed hope.

Made of stone and wood!

As Legolas had seen, a big throng had formed outside the entrance and was arguing. Thranduil, accompanied by Xena, Gimli, Tauriel, and Glóin, had entered the halls of the Elvenking. Nienna was one of the Elleth capable of attracting notice. Even though she was not a Sindar Elf, she was very smart and deferential. She was Oropher's personal healer in the past. After the death of Oropher, she followed the Elvenking. And was responsible for the treatment of himself, his wife, and his children. She was in charge of all the other healers, had earned the Elvenking's respect and confidence, and was the only one who could criticise his acts without being imprisoned for offending the king.

Nienna discovered the prince in such a deplorable state upon his return, after Amethyst had left him in a rush to deliver the credentials signed by Legolas so that she might become officially his mate. Because she was aware that she would be expelled from his halls upon the Elvenking's return. Nienna comprehended the situation after a few minutes of listening to the Prince mumble. The prince had remembered, and in front of her was the tormented and shattered elfling.