CVII: The Bad King of the Moonlight Folk

All those who wander are not lost,

and those who were have found a home...

Here they were, kingless without a crown to serve, No ruler to obey, lost in a foreign land they deserved. They shed tears for the king who never was, But they could also smile and live without pause.

Some closed their eyes, imagining he would return, While others chose to open their eyes and let the past burn. Dínenion was his name, a bad king he was, Shaming the throne that he sat on without cause.

He lost his kingdom and left his folk without a home, Building new kingdoms with broken promises to roam. None could trust a word he spoke or his every deed, Until the day he committed a very frightful misdeed.

He found a strong kingdom where the King was made of wood and stone, Begging for forgiveness and a home to call their own. The king granted them a home, work, and food every day, But Dínenion's legacy of betrayal would never sway.

When the Moonlight Elves found their land, Their ruler wanted to be king, and his daughter had a plan. She plotted to steal the Elvenking's son, To sacrifice him and wed her daughter, her desires undone.

The price would be Mirkwood and her the Queen, How far had the fallen king been? The Valar pitied the poor king who would not find rest, In the Halls of the Elvenking, he was no longer blessed.

The daughter was bad, and Queen she wanted to be, Worse than a brutal fan, she wanted power and to see. She threatened the Elvenking and scared the prince, Her stern weight remained, and her deeds made no sense.

As time passed, they became scared, What if the Elvenking would say they were no longer welcomed there? One day, the princess came, born and bred in war, Forged under the stars, she had seen so much more.

The daughter of the king, the witch, killed her father to be Queen, But she was slain by the warrior in black, the Moonlight Elves' serene. Now they had no ruler or king inside their folk, The daughter and father buried underground, their souls revoked.

No one remembered them in the halls of the Elvenking, But the Moonlight Elves had a kingdom to live in and a king. Finally, they were home and at peace, Their struggles and worries finally ceased.

All those who wander are not lost,

and those who were have found a home...

((Upcoming Chapter One-Hundred-Eight))

Thank you for taking the time to read this! Feel free to Review - Follow - Favorite!