12

After lunch, Tom was about to get going with his other classes when he got a note from Slughorn to bring hergrace with him to
Slughorn's office. Tom felt his eyebrows forming a small frown. Now, what does this girl do?

He saw hergrace sitting with Rosier when he walked towards them. "Hello Riddle," Rosier said looking up towards Tom. "Hello rosier can I steal your friend for a minute?" Riddle said with a cold yet calm face. "Sure," Rosier said while slipping off the bench and walking away.

Harley was already looking at Tom with a raised eyebrow. Tom silently passed the parchment to Hergrace who looked at him with suspicion but took the parchment and read it.

"Hm, we shouldn't make professor wait for us, " heritage said while standing and straightening her robe. "Sure" this was the first time both talked to each other.

Hergrace followed tom in silence and they reached professor Slughorn's office in 5 minutes.

Riddle knocked on the door twice and the door opened while both students stepped inside.

"Ah Tom my boy you bought miss Hergrace here I am incredibly thankful for that," Slughorn said with a smile.

" no problem sir it's my pleasure," Tom said with a curious smile.

Hergrace scowled internally at this "perfect student' mask.

"You see  Riddle I think we've found a new member of the club!.. You're clearly very advanced Miss Hergrace, it would be an honor to have you at our next gathering." Poor Slughorn tried again.

"Why don't you help her understand the importance of this club Riddle?" Slughorn suggested.

She didn't miss the distasteful scowl appearing on Tom's face, although Slughorn luckily did.

"Of course professor. You see Her grace It's a group for the more accomplished ...to gather and talk freely about ideas and plans for the future. Not many students get the invitation but you're getting one so be grateful." Tom explained.

"Correction my boy she is getting the invitation the second time and I guess you can accept it this time" requested Slughorn.

The first thing that came to Harley's mind was why is this professor getting so anxious about her not being a part if his club.

" Of course professor if you requesting so much who am I to deny it second time?" Said hergrace with a polite and beautiful smile.

"Very much welcome to Slug club Miss hergrace," said the professor with a victorious grin.

"Thank you for having me" replied Harley with a smile.

"Tom, perhaps she could accompany you? After all, it would be a fine opportunity to get to know each other" Slughorn suggested, and both Riddle and Hergrace were now in an uncomfortable situation.

"If Hergrace is comfortable with it I will be happy," Tom said with a thin lipid smile

" what do you think Miss Hergrace?" Asked Slughorn.

" of course, it's a delight," replied hergrace.

" Wonderful. I would be glad to see you both next to each other. You both will make a perfect pair" said Slughorn in joy.