17

A small girl around 6 saw her mother looking here and there through the crack in a small closet. "Oh harliii my baby where are you?? Mother is looking for you" teased her mother while faking to look under the bed with a pout.

"Oh, she isn't here as well? I wonder where she is? Is she even in this room?" Her mother said while putting both hands on her waist. The small girl tried to suppress her giggles with a hand in front of her mouth.

She knew her mother knew where she is but such little dumb games are the only source of happiness in Harley's life. She was about to jump on her mother from behind when she heard the door of her room slam open.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Harley recognizes this voice even in her deepest sleep. It was her father. She know she was supposed to be in her lessons right now but she decided to play with her mother. "She is just using the washroom she will be coming out in a few minutes please wait" Her mother tried to convince her father but his father didn't hear a single thing and just then a loud slap was heard.

Harley saw her mother being dragged by her hair and a scream erupted from her throat.

She jerked awake from her sleep with still sobs spilling out of her throat nonstop. She didn't even notice how she was trembling like crazy. She tried to take water from her side table but the glass slipped from her loose grip and fell wrecking into million pieces just like her innocence.

She was at least thankful that other girls usually do a silencing charm on their bed. She stood up from her bed with shaking limbs while looking in her trunk for a small bottle. Many small glass bottles clashed in the process but she in the end found the small bottle filled with purple liquid in it.

She immediately gulped down the whole potion in one way. She ignored the disgusting taste on her taste buds. Her eyes started to go drowsy and droopy. She didn't have any strength to stand up and walk to her bed instead she put her head on the trunk while getting on the effect of the potion.

Harley was woken up by a severe poke on her shoulder. "Harley?? Wake up??" The voice was distant very distant for Harley but slowly and gradually she started to hear clearly and saw she was still on the ground with broken glass pieces.

"You ok hergrace?" It was Black with a worried expression. I looked around and saw everyone in the room looking at me like I am a ghost.

"What happened?" I asked while trying to stand up but my body gave up miserably. J was about to fall again when black helped me to balance myself. "We should be asking you this hergrace. You look like you just saw a murder?" asked the girl in an unknown manner.

"J..just some nightmares," I said without even glancing at them and rushing toward the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and almost stumbled back. Is that me? The person in the mirror was nothing like the girl Harley is. She had messy hair with dark circles under her eyes and pale skin and somehow this Harley looked a lot original.

After the shower, Harley took a glance in the mirror still nothing changed and she didn't even try to conceal how tired she looked with messy hair pale skin, and heavy eyes she walked towards the common room. When she reached there Rosier was already there. He looked at Harley with a smile but his smile immediately vanished.

"Harley, you don't look good what happened?" Rosier said with worry written in his eyes. He softly put his palm on Harley's cheek and unknowingly she leaned in the warmth of his hand.

"Don't know Smith. My nightmares are back. They shouldn't be back." Harley told in a whisper. "Did you take the Dreamless potion?" Inquired Rosier still staring into her eyes.

"I did but it drains my all energy" whispered Harley. "It's ok let's go to the great hall you must be hungry," said while removing his hand from Hergrace's face and holding his wrist in a tight grip, and leading her towards great hall.

Unknown to both 2 pairs of eyes saw the whole scene unfolded in front of them.