59

Harley Hergrace was standing in Headmaster Dippet's office when her house incharge Professor Slughorn and Professor Dumbledore walked in. Harley had few stray tears in her eyes but her face was cold as stone. From outside anyone can say Harley is showing attitude but only she knew how numb is she feeling right now. "So Miss Hergrace your saying that being in defensive state made your magic unleash without your permission?" Headmaster Dippet explained the same thing Harley had told him few minutes before. Harley nodded at what Dippet said. "But it had harmed the student too much. We don't even know Smith Rosier is dead or alive?" Dumbledore said while shaking his head. 

"But headmaster I think we should ask Professor Merrythought about it and then think about the punishment given to Miss Hergrace" Slughorn said defending Harley. Headmaster nodded at the suggestion and called Professor Merrythought who was still in Hospital Wing looking at the injured boy with medic witch. Within few minute Professor Merrythought walked in the headmaster office with very serious look. "Galatea how is Mr Rosier?" Asked headmaster. "The boy was injured pretty bad but he is out of danger." Harley let out the breath she didn't knew she was holding all the time. At last the tears of relief fall from here eyes. 

"Now Galatea dear, Can you tell us what happened in the class between Miss Harley and Mr Smith?" Asked Headmaster with a soft look. "Headmaster as I saw Mr Rosier was attacking Miss Hergrace and she was defensing pretty good but then after a second I saw Rosier being slammed in the wall and Miss Harley's wand was not even towards Mr Rosier" Galatea Merrythought told to all the people in the office. "So Miss Hergrace did not hurt Mr Rosier intentionally?" Confirmed headmaster and the DADA professor nodded. "I think I need to think about it a little more. Please give me time and for the time being Miss Hergrace is not allowed to be out of her room" Headmaster Dippet dismissed everyone. Harley was out of the headmaster's office when Dumbledore ordered her to follow her to his office which Harley did.

   "For the last time I am asking you Miss Hergrace and I want your true answer. Is Tom Riddle a danger to upcoming society" Dumbledore asked with a very firm tone. Harley closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She remembered how Tom and her are in this undefined relationship and how she adores it to death. "No professor. Tom Riddle is no danger to anyone" Harley said while looking deep in Albus's eyes. Dumbledore just nodded his head and started writing something on the parchment. "Well since Tom Riddle is no danger. Your work here is finished. Pack your bags your going to leave in few days" Albus said while writing a letter. Harley's blood ran cold. She looked at the professor with large teary eyes. Dumbledore knew he was being looked at but he choose to ignore it. Harley sat there for 2 minutes and  looking at her lap in disbelief. After few moments she stood up and left the office. Once she stepped out she saw Nott standing there with a very angry look on his face. He said nothing but hold Harley's arm with so much pressure. "Nott! Your hurting me!" Harley said looking at the long haired boy in disbelief

The common room door opened and Nott pushed the girl inside. Tom saw the girl fall down on the ground with a sharp cry. "NOTT?" Tom asked in furious voice. He knew if Nott is doing such thing there must be a reason for it but the disrespect to the girl ignite a fire in him. All the heirs except Rosier came to common room seeing a crying Harley on ground. "Mate! Have you gone mad?" Abraxas said while picking up the girl from ground. "ASK HER WHERE SHE WAS?" Nott roared in the common room. Tom looked at the girl with questioning look. "ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION" Nott said in full rage. Tom looked at boy and raised his hand. "Doesn't matter what she did. your not talking to her in this tone!" said the boy with brown hair. 

Nott nodded and looked at the girl who was in Abraxas's arms. "Now Harley where were you?" Asked Tom looking at the girl. "D..Dumbledore's office" She said in a scared tone. Tom's eyebrows frowned. "What were you doing there? Weren't you were suppose to be at Headmaster's office?" Harley said nothing just looked at Tom with pleading eyes. Telling him to believe her. "Let me tell you my lord. She was giving our report to Dumbledore." Nott said trying to calm himself. "What do you mean by report?" Said Abraxas.  "Isn't it obvious? She was spying on us wasn't she?" Black asked the question to Nott. All he did was a nod. The time stopped for everyone. The betrayal was heavy on Harley's chest. She couldn't even breath properly. She felt the tight embrace around her getting lose She looked up and saw Abraxas looking at her with the coldest eyes and then she looked at Tom. Only if looks could kill people. She should have been 10 feet under the ground. 

Now Harley was standing alone and all the heirs Infront of her. "Avery bring a vile of Veritaserum" Tom said in the coldest voice he have ever spoken infront of Harley. Avery ran in his room and came back in a second. Harley was not afraid of giving test for her innocence. "Make her sit on the chair!" Tom ordered Abraxas and he pushed the girl on the same arm chair where she once sat with pride.  Avery handed over the bottle to Tom and he walked infront of her with cold glare. "Open up" Tom said and Harley nodded. Tom dumped the whole vile empty straight in her throat. After few minutes Tom came infront of her. "Why are you here?" he asked with a calm voice. "Was bought by Dumbledore to spy on you" She replied which made everyone's heart skip a beat. "What did you told him ?" He again asked this time the answer was also instant "Nothing" Tom looked at the girl with suspicion in his eyes. "I will ask again. What did you told Albus Dumbledore about me?" 

"That your not a danger to anyone" Harley said with pain in her voice. "Lock her in her room!" Tom ordered and Abraxas dragged her to the room and snatched her wand from her. "I trusted you Snowflakes" was the last sentence Harley heard before she lost her conscious in her bed.