Chapter 16

Rory Pov

I feel my face tingle as Ragnar tightens his grip around my neck. He starts to shake me back and forth. "You're a lying ass bitch. What did I ask you this morning? I asked you if there was something you wanted to tell me. You had to do it the hard way so let's do it." 

I feel my face lose blood as I gasp for breath. All the women are in his face trying to make him loosen his grip. Blae suddenly kicked him in the back of the leg. One of his knees dropped. He was forced to let go.

I don't even know what happened. He's very quick. He was up the stairs and in my face with his hands wrapped around my neck within seconds flat; before I even registered what was happening. One of the men tried to stop him but he lifted his leg up and back kicked him down the stairs.

Once he let go I ran down the steps to her.

"Marcia, are you ok? Did he hurt you?" 

She looked at me with curiosity in her eyes. Then she nods.  "I'm ok." I turned around and glared at him. I picked up a red brick from the decorations and threw it at his head. He dodged it and tried to come for me but the men held him back.

"How dare you do this to me. This was none of your business. I don't know you. I don't have to tell you every aspect of my life when I don't even know what you and your family do for a living. I won't tell you shit."

"But you want me to trust you. With all your secrets. You're the one that wanted to start the marriage over. I was going to lock you in the basement until I got horny."

I gasp as he continues to struggle. "You son of a bitch." I picked up another brick.

"Aye, leave my decorations alone. Don't throw another damn brick up here," says Thayer.

Thayer clapped his hands once. "Ok, this is how this is going. Casper, take whatever her name is inside to the dining room. Give her a book to read or something." He gestured towards Marcia.

"No, she stays with me."

"By the look of it, she doesn't even know who you are. We are all strangers and scaring her. So let her pass. This is the second time you have brought drama to my house. If there's ever a third time, you'll have to deal with me. So let her fucking pass before I make my guys release Ragnar on you."

I step to the side and let her pass. Casper grabbed her arm and took her away.

Blae walked down the stairs and grabbed my hand. "Ragnar, you're acting like a crazy person. What on earth has gotten into you. Maybe you guys need some time apart. She'll remain here tonight while you calm down."

Thayer says, "Blae, these people are married, you can't get in their business."

"I don't care if they're married. I can and I will. She's not going with him." She raised her chin. "Ragnar, please leave my house."

Ragnar ceases all movements. "You're taking her side over mine."

"Of course not brother. I love you dearly, you know that. But I know where your mind is right now and I just can't sit back and let that happen. I'm sorry."

Ragnar looked like a sad puppy as he walked towards his car. "Ragnar wait," Blae said. She ran to his side of the car. She pulled him to her and hugged him. She started talking to him. I tried hard to listen but I couldn't hear anything.

Thayer says, "well, she finna turn him into her little bitch. Y'all go ahead and leave, it's ok. Dawn, Elaine and Neveah. I would like to take this time out to thank you all for having a drama free life," he said and looked at me.