Chapter 44

WARNING...... THERE ARE GRAPHIC SCENES AHEAD IN THE NEXT TWO CHAPTERS. I WILL UPLOAD THE NEXT CHAPTER TOMORROW SO SKIP THESE TWO, ESPECIALLY IAN'S PART... YOU WILL STILL BE ABLE TO FOLLOW THE STORY IF YOU DONT READ THESE TWO CHAPTERS... SORRY FOR ANY ERRORS. CHAPTER WILL BE EDITED TOMORROW.

Later that day

Vera pushed the nurse out of the way when she was done bandaging her leg. A bullet had gone through her leg. That bitch has pissed off a lot of people. Who the fuck was that shooting at her. I couldn't be sure but it looked like a woman. At least that's what Vera caught a glimpse of when she pushed that bitch towards the bullets. But that backfired when a bullet caught her in the leg. Maybe it was someone that Ragnar hired. He's trying to get rid of the bitch. She knew it!!. All she had to do was sit back and wait. Someone else can kill the bitch while I healed and me and Ragnar will be happy, Vera thought to herself.

Rory Pov

I winced as my face was dapped with a cotton ball and peroxide. "How is everyone else?"

"Your delivery man was shot and killed. Everyone else is fine. Your guards called the ambulance and they brought you all here."

Right after she was finished the door burst open and everyone came in and I mean everyone. My room was packed within seconds. I assured them that I was fine over and over. When Ragnar comes in looking worried, for some reason I started crying, showing my vulnerability. I was really scared. I'm starting to believe someone wants me dead.

"I should have been here to protect you." He wiped my tears. "It's ok. I'm fine now that you're here. I'm sorry to have pulled you from your trip."

"It's ok. We were done anyway. We got the last one this morning."

"I want to go home."

He picked me up and walked me from the hospital. "Sir, sir." The nurse ran behind us. Ragnar said. "Somebody get her. I'm not in the mood."

Ragnar Pov

My heart squeezed with fear until I saw her face. I wanted to make sure she was ok. I placed her in the back of my Range Rover that James was driving and got in. I nodded for him to pull off. "Ragnar, I believe someone is trying to kill me. That man said that April wanted to kill me. Maybe she's here."

"Maybe." I didn't want to divulge it because it pissed me off that I left her here vulnerable to danger. I left her here with guards but still. Most of our guards were murdered and both of our crews are stretched thin with our search for the Olsen's family. I hate using regular guards. They don't really give a fuck like family do.

When we make it home Blae is there in a heated discussion with Thayer. "Really Thayer, children. You want to kill children. I can't let you kill them. It's not their fault that the men in their family are dicks."

Rory lifts her head at that. She looks up at me. "What children?"

"Oh, there you two are. Rory, will you tell them that it's wrong to kill children." She has tears in her eyes.

"Ragnar."

"Rory don't."

"Children Ragnar."

I say, "this is the only way to ensure everyone's safety. We kill them all. We don't need a baby coming back to kill us in 30 years when he's old enough to know what happened to his family."

We remain silent. It's kind of hard to argue with that logic.

Thayer said, " plus we're not doing it. Parlon is. He deserves this. Just stay away from the basement. It's judgment day today. Ian is finally well enough to punish the man who shot him. Ragnar, be sure to fire up the incinerator." Thayer walked off towards the basement.