Chapter 37

Ian Pov

"Dawn, bring your ass here. Don't make me get out this fucking bed."

I'm sick of everybody acting like I'm fucking stupid. I hear all the shit that's going on around here. I was in the basement asleep when all hell broke loose. Everyone is here. Why is everyone here? And most importantly Dawn is avoiding me and acting funny. Whenever I try to kiss her she pulls away. She said her mouth is nasty. She's always brushing her teeth. When she sleeps, she twitches with what seems like nightmares then she wakes up screaming.

Thayer walks in. "How are you doing Ian?" He walks up to me and removes my bandages. He rubbed cream over my wound.

"I'll tell you how I am. I'm pissed. Nobody is telling me nothing. What the hell is going on with Dawn. She's having nightmares. She refuses to kiss me. She avoids my eyes. On top of that, y'all treating me like a damn baby. What the hell is going on around here. Why is everyone here?"

"We didn't want to tell you because we don't want you to get upset and delay your healing progress. The Olsen's attacked us. We just found out they were the ones trying to break into our warehouses. We used your software for the scrambling signals and we finally saw them. Then they attacked us. My house, your house, every house on the land is destroyed. They were in helicopters and dropped bombs everywhere. Ivan and Vlad were shot multiple times. Arkan and Parlon are burnt really badly. Elaine and Amy are gone. Died last night, Parlon doesn't know yet. He's still out because of his injuries. They were burnt and couldn't be helped. As far as Dawn, she'll have to tell you. I promised her I would let her tell you. Just know. We have the fucker that shot you down here in a cell. Waiting on you to get better.

As he talked I checked out. My brain went to many places. To memories of Elaine and Amy, to memories of our perfect family. Now, it's all in shatters.

"I have to get out of this bed. Parlon will need us, all of us." I start removing all the shit I'm hooked up to. I wince as a sharp pain hit my chest.

"Easy," Thayer said. His throat is clogged and full of emotions. I know he's having a hard time. "Just get better Ian. We got this. You took care of us for years. Let us return the favor." I looked into his red eyes. Full of hurt and pain. I nodded and laid back down. "Send Dawn in here please."

He nodded and walked out after placing new bandages. You would think that Dawn is a fucking track star the way she runs in here, drop off food and run out.

Thayer comes back with a sad Dawn. He walked her in the room and walked out and closed the door.

"What are you keeping from me Dawn. Don't act like I won't get out of this bed and get the answers from you. Tell me right fucking now!" I shouted then grabbed my chest.

"Ian, calm down, please." She ran to me and made a fuss over me.

I tried to kiss her. She turned her head away. "Why do you do that, Dawn. Turn away from me."

She burst out crying. "Because I'm sullied Ian. I'm not worthy to be your woman anymore. After Miles and his cousins kidnapped me, they took me to the library. Miles tied my hands behind my back. Then he, he."

Tears are running down her face. She looks so broken. I rubbed her face. "It's ok baby, tell me."

"He violated my mouth with his penis Ian. Over and over with his semen. I tried to be strong Ian because I knew that's what you would have wanted. I fought and fought but he'd only beat me over and over."

I remained silent. What could I say to her?

"Did he rape you."

"No Ian, Thayer and Ragnar rescued me before that could happen."