Chapter 28

Ragnar Pov

I walked down the steps the next day mad as hell. Satiated but mad. Rory fucked me good last night. I'm just now waking up and it's afternoon. The reason I'm mad is because I couldn't punish her anymore. At least not like that. I will continue to punish her. But I just couldn't cause her any more physical harm. I could have but I didn't want to. She's young and thought she was doing the right thing. I didn't make life here a picnic for her. I beat the shit out of her, her first week here. But to be fair she started it. She still will be punished. I left a note for her on the dresser. She better do every fucking thing I tell her or else. She better be lucky that I let her sleep in instead of making me breakfast. I will take it easy on her because of that story she told me about not having anybody to give a shit about her. I've been there. I had no mother and my father was neglectful until I came of age. At first I had Thayer then his mom took him and ran off. I felt alone and lonely. I had a slew of cousins but it wasn't the same. I wanted my family, but it was broken and dispersed. I am proud of what she did with that knife. I left it there on purpose. I wanted to know where she was mentally. As it turned out, she's too spoiled to kill herself. She wants to fight. She doesn't know how yet but she will learn because I would teach her, through word or deed. 

But she's right. We can't keep rubbing each other the wrong way. This will be her life until I can trust her. I will test all her boundaries. No matter what I won't put my brother and the rest of my family in danger because I've gone soft for her.

She got her way. I know it doesn't feel like it from her point of view but she did and I feel like a pussy. I didn't even want to fuck her lastnight. I was going to make her work for it. But when I saw her vulnerable and shivering on the floor. I had to do something. I didn't know she was going to attack me. She kissed me. Sucked on my nipples, I didn't even know I liked that. She gave me some good enough head for an inexperienced person. Then she got on top of me and lost her damn mind. I was about to nut at least 3 times. I had to slow her down. She was horny as hell. I know her and Victor didn't fuck. I was following them for some time. I wanted to know their plan. That's why I didn't show myself sooner. I was outside the hut listening to them kiss. I smiled when she called my name over and over and pissed Victor off.

I got into my truck and made my way to the hospital. Ian is doing better. He still hasn't gained consciousness yet but he's breathing on his own. It's my turn to sit with him. I volunteered to sit with Ian. I dare say I like Ian and talking to him alway stirred emotions inside me.
After I parked. I made my way to his room. I heard voices and slowed down. "Ms.Mcknight. If you know something you better tell us."    

I stopped at the detective's voice. We told those sleazy bastards not to disturb Dawn. At least until we could brief her and let her know how to talk to the police.

"Detectives, I understand what you said. But how am I supposed to know who shot Ian if they had on masks."

"Are you aware that your father is dead and that your ex-boyfriend is missing and two of his family members were killed?"

Dawn remained silent. We haven't gotten around to telling her that we murdered her father. She's been so upset over Ian that she kept fainting. Her stress levels won't go down. The doctor said she has been close to having a stroke several times. That's why we wanted these damn cops to stay away from her.

"I'm not aware of anything detective. I haven't left Ian's side, even at the risk of my own health." She sniffled like she was crying. I couldn't tell without seeing her face. "I can't believe my father is dead."
She sniffed some more. I want to intervene but we need to know that she's for Ian and for us. We don't trust easily because in this line of work trusting the wrong people will get you set up, killed or in prison.