Chapter 41

Rory Pov

The Olsen man turned to a man next to him. "Do a sweep of the house. Once that's done Ragnar here will take you to find my son. But no tricks Ragnar or your niece will pay the price."

Ragnar's house^^^

Ragnar's house^^^

I ran to my room when he told the man to perform a sweep. Ragnar once showed me a button inside his closet. He said I could get anywhere in the house from this closet. I heard the man come upstairs.

When I heard his footsteps my heart started to pound in my chest then my ears started ringing. I quickly hit the button and walked in when it slid open. Once the door closed a bunch of lights came on. I quickly made my way through the tunnel. I need to get to the freakin basement. I hit two dead ends before I found the basement latch. It led to Ragnar's office. I was getting out but my foot caught on something and I fell hard.

"Ahh, shit, shit." I rubbed my hip bone. I was dazed on the floor for a minute. I turn over trying to get up. While on the floor I looked up and saw a gun attached under Ragnar's desk.

"The man is paranoid as hell." At least it's coming in handy now. I grabbed the gun and made my way out. I need to get to Ian. He'll know what to do.

I looked left and right. The man said that Ragnar and a guard will be down here soon. I need to get Ian and Parlon out so they can help.

I made it to Ian's room, he was asleep. "Ian." I shook his shoulders. Now I have tears in my eyes. "Ian, please get up."

"I'm up Rory, what the hell."

I have panic in my voice now. "Ian, the Olsens are here. They have Thayer's daughter hostage while they are getting everyone roundup to kill them. What should I do? They will be down here soon to get his son out of the cell."

He snapped up quickly. "Ok listen, here's what I need you to do. They won't make a move until he has his son. They won't make it down here because you're going to stall them until I can make it up there. It's going to take me a while so be very convincing."

"What will you do Ian? You can barely get up."

He smiles. "Haven't you ever heard Thayer and Ragnar say something about the executioner?"

I shivered. I heard the stories. He's vicious. I heard he likes to toy with his kills before he ends them. Ragnar said he even let one escape, well he let the man thought he was escaping. The executioner put a bomb in a slingshot and let it rip. The man blew up into a hundred pieces. I remember thinking that I didn't want to meet that person and was secretly hoping that Ragnar wasn't the executioner. But he told me he wasn't.

I cute my eyes to Ian. Sweet calm Ian. "No." I backed up from him.

"Yes, and do not tell Dawn or that's your ass. I'm only telling you because I know you're nervous and scared. You need to believe that I got this."