Chapter 24

Rory Pov

I heard many guns cocked but I can't tell who's because the pillow is still over my face.

"Drop 'em." I heard my husband say. Then I heard guns hitting the floor. "Release her."

The pillow was removed. I got up and stood in the middle of everyone. I don't know which side to run to at this point. Either way I'm a dead woman. I dared to look at my husband and there goes my stupid body. Ragnar's long hair is falling on his shoulders in a curling pattern. His black t-shirt is fitting like a glove. The shirt stretches over his chest perfectly. His black jeans are hugging his muscled legs. Good lord.

He has Arkan, Casper and two men I've never seen before with him.

Casper glared at me. He steps forward. "You better hope your sister isn't anywhere near as dumb as you are."

I came to attention. "Where is she? Is she safe?"

He smirks. "For now."

"Casper please, just let me----."

"No, I don't think I will. I will keep her from you just like you tried to keep her from me." He turned to Ragnar. "It looks like you got this cousin so I will be heading out."

I sobbed. "Casper please." I wanted to follow him out but I had to go near my husband and I wasn't ready to do that. I stopped in my tracks.

Ragnar said, "so, let me get this straight. You robbed me. Leave with your boyfriend only for him to attempt to kill you and take the money and run. Am I right?"

"Ragnar, I can explain."

"I'm sure you can, wife. But I would like to hear from Victor."

Ragnar pulled a chair to the middle of the room and sat in it and stared at Victor. "See, I knew what y'all was planning. I just didn't know when. And thanks to my wife who's a bad actor, a bad liar. Just bad. I knew almost everything. But her timing was perfect. I can say that. You see, wife, I went through your phone every night while you slept. When you unlocked your phone the first time I memorized your code and have been using it to look into your phone and see your text. Your messages were so Romeo and Juliet that I can't believe the scene that I walked in on. Talk to me Victor."

"Why should I tell you anything?"

I jumped as Ragnar's gun went off. Victor was on the floor holding his thigh.

"Because I said so motherfucker!!!!"

"Alright. It was a plot my family cooked up to rob you."

"Victor, shut the fuck up," one of the men he was with said. The same man tried to quickly pull a gun from his back. Without even looking at him Ragnar shot him in the head.

Ragnar stared hard at Victor, "sorry about that, please continue." The men behind Ragnar snickered. The fearful Victor continued, "if you want, you can have the money back. It's on the boat."

"You think that's what this is about. Money? 4 million measly ass dollars. That's fucking grocery money to me. I pay that to my chef."

"What then." He said in a pain filled voice.

Ragnar looked over at me. "You knew who I was and still decided to plot against me and take my wife. I dare say I've been cuckolded."

I looked down at Victor. "Do you know who he is? Who he really is."

"Of course I knew. Who fucking doesn't."

"I didn't know, you son of a bitch." I turned to Ragnar. I see this is about to get dirty and I want to be the last one standing.