Mis·tress (mĭs′trĭs)

Rih POV

Today Bey decided to surprise me with dinner. In public. Well, Solange was there, but still. We hadn't seen each other for a few days, so it was a pleasant surprise. Everything was going great until...

Sol: Julez really made a song about it! *her and Bey laugh*

Bey: My baby still loves it, too. Should get him in the booth. He got talent if he can still sing Blue to sleep.

Sol: I think Ima bring him 'round tomorrow. Cool?

Bey: Oh please, chile! You know you ain't even gotta ask.

Sol: *stands up* Ight, let me head to the ladies' room. And don't pay until I get back!

Maybe my timing was a little off, but I don't think there will ever be a right time to bring it up. So fuck it, here goes.

Rih: So...

Bey: *looks up from empty plate* Yeah...

Rih: When can I see her again?

Bey: What? See who?

Rih: *huffs* Why do you do dis? Every time I mention her, you change di subject or act like you dunno what's goin' on. Why is it such a problem dat I wanna see 'er?

Bey: *leans back* I just asked who you were talkin' about. Relax.

Rih: *leans forward* Blue. I want to see Blue. Clear enough?

She leaned forward and opened her mouth to say something, but of course Solange picked the perfect time to reappear. I was no longer in a socializing mood, and Solange picked up on that fast. Reaching into her purse, she placed a few bills on the table and stood.

Sol: Mkay, so I'm gonna head out. It was nice to see you again Rih, and Ima see you tomorrow like 7? *looks at Bey*

Bey: Yeah, see you later. *kisses cheek*

Since I came with Bey, I had to ride with her or I could send for a car. The second option seemed a little dramatic, so I silently followed her out of the restaurant and into the waiting car.

Bey: So you're just not gonna talk to me now?

Rih: I'm just waitin' on my answer.

Bey: *sighs* You really wanna know?

Rih: Just say it! The hell.

Bey: I just don't wanna complicate things...

Rih: Complicate...how?!

For a minute, she didn't say anything. I could already tell that whatever she was going to say was going to piss me off. I grew tired of waiting, so I repeated my question.