La Familia

...it's my birthday, so..

Rih POV

Bey: And, Baby?
Rih: Yeah?
Bey: You and Shawn betta' fuck him up.
Rih: *smiles* We will. Wamme Facetime you again while we in 'dere?
Bey: Nah, have someone take a picture, though. And do not- do you hear me, Robyn?
Rih: Yes, my Queen.
Bey: Do. Not. Kill. Him. If you get locked for murda, I will kill you. Jay too, tell 'im.
Rih: *turns screen* Tell 'im yousef.

Jay took the phone and let Bey threaten his life and his dick for a minute before we finally pulled up to a hotel Nicki directed him to, then he handed me the phone.

Nicki: This is it.
Rih: You sure?
Nicki: Yes Robyn, I am sure. I just don't remember which room.
Rih: Ok baby. Ima call you in a lil', ight?
Bey: Ok. Love you, Daddy.
Rih: I love you too.
Bey: Bye.
Rih: Bye.
Jay: Just call him, Nick. Tell him you on yo' way up and you need the room number.
Nicki: Ight.

The first call went to voicemail, so she tried again. He picked up on the fourth ring, voice groggy as if he'd been sleeping.

Meek: Yeah, allo?
Nicki: Babe-
Rih: *mouths, incredulous* Babe?

She slapped my arm and turned away like I wouldn't still be able to hear her.

Nicki: Babe, you awake?
Meek: Yeah, now I am. *chuckles* Wassamatta?
Nicki: Nothin', I just wanna come see you.
Meek: Come through. I'm still at the hotel in suite 124... Or do you want me to come to you?
Nicki: Nah. *giggles* Actually, I'm already here.
Meek: *chuckles* Oh yeah? You was missin' a nigga, huh?
Nicki: Yeahhhp. And I got a lil' surprise for you. Ok, Ima be up in five.
Meek: Ight, baby.

She hung up and we all started to get out.

Nicki: Hold on, hold on. Y'all can't all go.
Rih: Ummm, why not??
Nicki: Because it's late night, which means the lobby won't be crowded with guests we can blend in with. A crowd of minorities storming into the lobby will draw attention. Which is bad.
Jay: 'Den we go in pairs. I go in wit' you, 'den Rih and Mel come in a few minutes later.
Rih: Wait, why you get to go first??
Jay: Because!
Rih: Because why, Shawn?!
Mel: Uh-uh. Don't y'all start. We'll settle this like adults! Rock, paper, scissors.

Jay won so Mel and I waited a few minutes before we went inside, our faces mostly covered by our hoods and sunglasses. It's New York so it wasn't an odd sight. When we got up to the room, I walked in to see Jay connect a fist to Meek's face.

Rih: What d'FUCK, Shawn!
Jay: What?!
Rih: I tol' you I wanted first!
Jay: He swung on me!
Meek: *spits blood* No the fuck I didn't! What the fuck is ya' problem, fam?! Why you hit me?!
Rih: Because! Jay 'ol'em!

Jay held him in place while I gut punched him.

Meek: Nick! Agh! Nick, you just gon' let 'dem jump me?!
Rih: Fuck up, Rihmeek. Inside voices or Ima have you spittin' teeth out like Mama Dee!

I pushed him away from me and Jay caught him before tossing him to the floor.

Jay: You put ya' hands on my kid, son!
Rih: *lifts bat* I should kill you!
Mel: But you won't because Bey would kill me!
Nicki: Why did you even bring dat?! And she's right. No murder!
Rih: Fine.

I can't kill him? Fine. I swung and connected with Meek's back. The sound it made way amusing to me, so I hit him twice more. He groaned and struggled to get up before Jay punched him again. I turned away, and the big flatscreen tv caught my eye.

Rih: Nick... Nick... Onika!
Nicki: What?
Rih: 'Ow much you tink d'otel a charge 'im if I smash 'dis tv?
Jay: Ha ha! Do it!
Nicki: *eyes wide* Robyn, no!
Rih: Shit looks like 60"..
Nicki: Robyn Fenty, don't you dare.