Who's She To You

Bey POV

I was not even surprised when Nicki told me she fucked Cynthia. It was inevitable. And now she wants to show up extra late, tuckered out and demanding food like it's her party.

Nicki: Does anyone care that I'm hungry and I haven't eaten and I'm gonna pass out?
Bey: No. You were like two hours late. Any food that was left I had my mama put up and it's going straight to mine and Solo's houses.

She glared and I raised an eyebrow in challenge.

Nicki: You still coulda saved me somethin'.
Bey: Girl, 'dat ain't none of my nevamind. Ask yo' girl to take you to McDonald's or somethin'.
Nicki: She's not my girl. Plus Ion even know where she is.
Cyn: Behind you.

When Nicki swiveled around to face her, I sped away in search of my own girl.

Keri POV

Rih: *shrugs* Sure. Don' seem like anyone else wanna. Wassup?

I opened and closed my mouth a few times, momentarily distracted.

Keri: Wait, who not talkin' to you?

She jerked her head to the left, glaring at someone I couldn't see from where I sat.

Keri: Robby, I can't see shit.
Rih: *sighs* Doesn't matta. What's on ya' mind?

Suddenly remembering why I was there I finished my drink in one gulp, belatedly realizing the drinks hadn't burned on the way down in a while. I chose to focus my gaze somewhere over her shoulder rather than look directly at her.

Keri: Well, I-
Rih: No da' fuck she didn't.

I looked up to see Robyn glaring at something or someone behind me, her eyes flashing and mouth twisted into a snarl. Due to my level of intoxication I nearly lost my balance in my haste to see what had pissed her off so bad.

At first I saw nothing, then the few people chatting a ways off directly in my line of sight moved and I saw what she must've seen. It was just Rita and that guy... Dudley(?) laughing happily with another guy I'd never seen before. Dudley had his hand around her waist as she leaned her head against his shoulder.

They looked to simply be having a pleasant conversation. Maybe she just doesn't like Dudley. She did mention something about him wanting to fight her at some point but I don't remember if she ever gave me a reason why.

Keri: Hey, ain't 'dat- Robyn, where you goin'?

She clearly hadn't even heard me as she flew across the room, graceful as ever. I decided to hang back and watch all the way up until Robyn walked off with Rita following.

Rih POV

Too busy making goofy-eyes at each other, they didn't notice me arrive next to whatever nameless guy they were conversing with. Rita was the first to see me.

Rita: Heyyyy, Robyn! Congratulations again on tying the knot!
Rih: Thanks. What he doin' 'ere?
Rita: Hmm?

Dudley's snake ass straightened up like he was ready to do something.

Dudley: *smirks* Perdón?
Rih: What.. He.. Doin'.. Here?

I kept my eyes on Rita but it was Dudley who answered again.

Dudley: Has Rita not told you? Yeah, I'm her date for the night. And any further nights for the foreseeable future, if you catch my drift.

It was silent. Rita watched me warily and I could feel him watching me all intense and challenging. I finally gave him the attention he wanted and allowed my eyes to meet Dudley's, his hand stretched in the space between us lazily, waving in the general area of my heart.