Weary

ok. this is like 3 billion words. sorry :/

Bey POV

Tonight is the night. Mama and I are hosting Solo's album release party. She didn't want to deal with all the trouble of putting one together so Mama, Alan and I planned it in secret. Others helped, but we were the most important.

Nicki: I am so happy for her, yo. She deff deserves this.
Bey: Yeah, I remember her callin' me about two days after she dropped it online. Two in the mornin' and I wake up to her screamin' in my ear like one of them white girls at a Beatles concert.
Nicki: For real?
Bey: Girl, yes.
Nicki: Yeah, I haven't seen a negative review yet. I love it! Shit make me wanna take out 'dis sew-in and go natural.
Bey: You won't.
Nicki: Girl, duh.
Bey: *laughs* Onika, go home and get ready.

I pushed her out of the bathroom and started brushing my teeth.

Bey: *yells* Robyn!
Rih: What?!

I couldn't tell what room she was in but I knew we were on the same floor. Putting my toothbrush away, I unwrapped my hair.

Bey: You nearly ready?!
Rih: Yeah! Why?!

I nodded and turned on the blow dryer. As usual I will be the last one ready but just this once I'd hoped I wasn't. Oh well. I jumped and nearly dropped the blow dryer when Mama, Robyn and Angie materialized in the mirror behind me.

I saw Rob's lips moving with a little smirk on her face as if she was saying something funny. I turned the blow dryer off to better hear her, only to realize that she was just messing with me. I slapped her arm while Mama and Angie laughed, which drew Nicki's nosey ass back in.

Rih: Don't start a convo 'den turn on d'dryer.
Angie: Seriously Bey, she asked you a direct question. *giggles*

I took in Robyn's dress through the mirror and shook my head.

Bey: Robyn, go change.
Rih: Ok.
Angie: No, what-why? I picked that out!
Mama: It's a nice dress, Beyoncé.
Bey: *pouts* 'Dat color clashes wit' my dress, Mama!

She held up her hands and left the bathroom.

Angie: You ain't even dressed yet. Why don't you wear a different dress, Beyoncé?
Bey: Because no.
Angie: Are you serious?
Rih: I can change! Come Angie, let's find somethin' else.
Bey: Thank you, baby.

She leaned in to give me a kiss and behind her I saw Nicki smirking while making whipping motions as Angie stormed off, Robyn hot on her heels.

Bey: Yes, Nicki?
Nicki: Why Robyn kissin' ya' ass?
Bey: Can't she just wanna see me happy?
Nicki: No. Well, sometimes. But mostly no.
Bey: You know how Adele dropped 'dat album?
Nicki: Yeah.
Bey: Well Robyn told me she was goin' to pick it up and I told her to leave it where ever Adele dropped it 'cause I didn't wanna hear it. She got it anyway and hid it but I found it yesterday and now she thinks I'm mad.
Nicki: Are you?
Bey: Naw, I don't love my wife's obsession wit' her but I like Adele.
Nicki: You should tell her that.
Bey: Not yet, this is kinda fun.
Nicki: You cold.
Bey: You betta' know I know it. Now Nicki, go. I gotta' finish this damn hair.
Nicki: Ok, damn. I'm out.

An hour and ten minutes later we were headed to the hall with Nicki fretting on Facetime.

Nicki: I feel like Ima be too under-dressed if what y'all wearin' is anythin' to go by.
Bey: It's fine, you look fine. Plus, I'm like eighty percent sure all of Solo's friends make their own clothes and don't even wear shoes...
Nicki: Or even shower on a regular basis.
Mama: Y'all stop.
Rih: Y'all do know Solo would beat both y'all asses in one go an' I would let 'er.