Wild Child

"Spare the rod, spoil the child."

Two Weeks Later

Bey POV

Robyn, Blue and I went to implant Robyn's fertilized egg inside of me this morning. It felt a lot like a regular pap smear and Robyn's strap goes just as deep so it wasn't so bad. Surprisingly enough it was Rita that'd helped calm me beforehand. I called her in the car on the way there, more than a little nervous. It's one thing for the doctors to tell you everything and Robyn did what she could, but it's always better to talk to someone who actually knows how it feels. She was in the city anyway to drop Rohan off tomorrow but she said she'd stop by today when we were done.

Blue was asleep before we'd even gotten back to the car from the doctor's office, so when we got home I lay her down in her room. While Robyn and them stayed downstairs chilling, I kept my ass upstairs to relax some. Not completely by choice but I wasn't really in the mood to argue with her. She'd win anyway because the doctor has me on bed rest for the next two days.

I was just laying there staring at the ceiling when Drake called.

Bey: What you want, Aubrey? I'm busy.
Aubrey: Damn, I was just trying to see where Nicki was at. She's not answering her phone and I wanna holla at her about something real quick. You know where she is?
Bey: Hold on, lemme check my pockets.
Aubrey: Ima take that as a no.
Bey: Why you askin' me anyway?
Aubrey: Y'all best friends, Bey. Can you call her for me and ask her why she ignoring me and lemme know what she says? I know she'll pick up for you.
Bey: Ight, gimme a sec.

I hung up before he could respond and called Nicki. She picked up on the second ring.

Nicki: Hey, babe. Wassup?
Bey: Hey, Drake called me--
Nicki: *groans* Oh my gaaawd, seriously? I told ' dat nigga to mind his damn business! He blowin' my phone up and I ain't answer so now he callin' you. Wow.
Bey: Well, I don't know what's goin' on wit' y'all but he wanna know why you ignorin' him.
Nicki: Wait, you got 'dis nigga on three-way?
Bey: What you think this is? No, Onika.
Nicki: Ok. Jus' tell him to mind his damn business. I ain't got time.
Bey: Ok. 'Dat's it?
Nicki: Yep.
Bey: Ok 'den.
Nicki: Hey, you cook?
Bey: Nope. I'm actually 'bout to call Mama, see if she can swing through. You know we had that appointment this mornin'?
Nicki: Oh my God, I can't believe it slipped my mind. How'd it go?
Bey: It felt a little weird, but nothin' I couldn't handle. We won't know anything for like two weeks.
Nicki: *squeals* I hope it worked!
Bey: Yeah, me too.

I pulled the phone away from my ear when it started beeping and saw Aubrey was calling. He isn't about to annoy me.

Bey: Aye, your boy is callin'. Ima hit you in a lil' and letchu know if Mama comes.
Nicki: Ight.
Bey: Ight, bye.

I switched lines.

Bey: Yes, Aubrey?
Aubrey: You call her?
Bey: Yep.
Aubrey: And what she say?
Bey: Well, she told me to tell you to mind your own muthafuckin' business 'cause she ain't got the time to deal wit' yo' half-baked ass. And she said she's sick and tired of you blowin' her phone up all day and she wants you to get a fuckin' life.
Aubrey: Woooow. For real?
Bey: Yeah, it's crazy. She was so heated. Oh yeah, also she doesn't want you callin' me about this anymore. Normally I wouldn't listen but she just seemed so mad... Ion wanna test her ol' leprechaun ass, you know?
Aubrey: Yeah... Ight, well thanks anyway.
Bey: Ight, man.

After I got done with him, I called Mama. She took a little longer to pick up.

Bey: Hey Mama, whatcha doin'?
Mama: Nothin' much, baby. How was the appointment?
Bey: It went as well as it could've. We won't know anything for a few weeks, though.
Mama: Oh, ok. I need me some more grandbabies so you make sure you keep healthy and all that.
Bey: Plural? You sound just like my wife and Ima tell you just like I told her: A: y'all ain't finna breed me like no horse. And B: you have another daughter for all that.
Mama: Yes, but Solo got plenty of time. You don't.
Bey: I-- whateva. Can you come cook for me? I'm hungry.
Mama: Giselle, I am way too busy to be doin' alladat, now. Stop bein' lazy and go make somethin'. Where my baby?
Bey: *sighs* She takin' a nap and I can't go cook because I'm on bed rest!
Mama: Alright, but you gon' have to give me a few hours. Where my other baby?
Bey: On the phone wit' you, Mama. You gettin' forgetful in your old age.
Mama: Child, hush. You know I meant Robyn.
Bey: Robyn's downstairs wit' Melissa, Rita and Rohan.
Mama: Raji's there?! Oh, my sweet lil' baby! How long he been there? Let me clean up and I'll be over in forty-five minutes or so. See if any of my babies is hungry.