I Will Wait.

I know, I know, I know! Sorry! Blame chemo. And...I don't know, let's just say, the weather. Blame the weather. It's hot as Hell in Charnocks right now...But here it is.

Sol POV

Yesterday night I told Bey that I was going to see Rih at PP. I try to visit once a week and the three times I went, she seemed happy but I wasn't the Knowles she really needed. I expected Bey to give her usual nod and "ok", but she surprised me by tentatively asking if she could tag along. I eagerly agreed and I just know Robyn is going to faint.

This morning I dropped Julez and Blue off at Angie's, and now we're just sitting in the parking lot. Waiting. For what? Ask Bey.

Sol: Come on, BB. We really are about to be late and I-
Bey: *fidgetting nervously* What if she doesn't want to see me? Oh my God, this is a mistake.
Sol: Why would you think she wouldn't wanna see you?!
Bey: We speak on the phone nearly every night now and she has never once mentioned me comin' to see her! I know her and if she wanted me there, she'd have told me. You know what? You can go in, Ima just wait out here.
Sol: *irritated* She probably didn't wanna pressure you. You do keep reminding her that y'all ain't together- which I think is fucked up, but I digress. Ain't no way you waitin' out here in this hot ass car.
Bey: But-
Sol: Beyoncé, if you do not get yo' ass up out dis car I will fuck you up right here in this parking lot and then drag you in this building. Unconscious.
Bey: *pulls down visor mirror* Ok, ok. How do I look? Is the lipstick too much? I went wit' da blood red because that's her favorite color on me- well, actually white is, because she says I look angelic in it but I-
Sol: *exiting car* You look fine. Let's just go.

This girl is something else.

Bey POV

I followed Solange inside and was confused when she only waved at the receptionist without signing in, and hopped into an elevator at the back of the building. She hit a button and I felt us going down.

Bey: Why we going to the basement?
Sol: Because that's where she's being treated.
Bey: Um...ok.
Sol: Don't worry, she's doing fine.
Bey: I know, I know.

We got out the elevator and I followed her down a brightly lit hall. Shit, even their basement looked luxurious. There were cream colored walls with beautiful bright paintings hung every few feet, black faux leather couches and fancy lamps on small fancy tables... Just, wow. Sol walked up to a big circular desk like the one we passed upstairs, and greeted the receptionist while I hung back a little.

Sol: Hi, Claire?
Claire: *beams* Yes, ma'am! And you are here to see Ms. Fenty, yes?
Sol: Yep. And I brought a guest...
Claire: *giggles gleefully* Wonderful!

I wonder if this lady may be on the wrong side of the counter. She sent a guard over and he escorted us to one of the private visiting rooms which unsurprisingly looked like something out of a home decór mag. I begin to feel anxious as soon as we sat down to wait. Like, panic-sweat-under-my-boobs anxious. The door creaked open, and in walked my angel with the guard. She saw me and froze; both of us staring into each other's eyes.

Guard: *clears throat* So. I will be back in an hour. *exits*

Robyn blinked, as if broken from a trance and I barely had time to brace myself before she jumped, straddling me on the couch. I watched a single tear trickle down her cheek, as she held my face in a shaking hand.

Rih: *whispers* My baby.

Having her face this close, I instinctually leaned forward and connected our lips in a slow kiss. She bit and then licked my bottom lip, making me moan. I gripped the back of her head and opened my mouth, inviting her tongue.