Genesis

Rih POV

I woke up much later in the day to see I was alone in bed and the sheets on her side were cold. Where is she?

I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, trying not to gag since I was still wild nauseous. After I finished getting myself together, I made my way downstairs to see a plate wrapped in tinfoil on the kitchen counter with a note attached to it.

"Hey. Solo and Julez kidnapped me. I made you breakfast. At least try to eat some of it and I will see you later. Love you."

I let a small smile grace my lips before glaring at the wrapped plate. I didn't even want to think about food right now but I would try for my baby.

After I choked down at least half of the food, I placed the newly wrapped plate in the microwave and went back upstairs to lay down. I had a missed call and a long angry text from Rita. I guess Bey told her everything. I decided to text her back instead of calling.

"I'm so sorry. That's all I can say right now. I know u probably can't or won't believe that to be true but it is. It kills me that I let u all down again. Ima do what I need to to get my shit togetha & I appreciate all that u & my wife are doin. Pls don't give up on me. I love u. ❤"

I pressed send and put my phone down knowing she wouldn't respond just yet. Fifteen minutes later I was disturbed from my thoughts by my ringing phone. I answered without checking the I.D.

Rih: Yeah?
: Ima be there in ten. Get the fuck up.

He ended the call and I groaned aloud. If Jay was coming to lecture me again, I wasn't fixing to deal with it today. I already felt like shit and I hated everything.

A while later I heard knocks at my bedroom door. I furrowed my eyebrows, not even sure when I fell asleep.

Rih: *raspy* Come in.

Jay stepped into the room, a mug on his face. I sat up and sighed.

Rih: Who letchu in?
Jay: Maid.

I nodded and waited. He didn't disappoint.

Jay: If you was a dude I would beat yo' ass right now, you know 'dat? You had 'dat shit in the same house as the fuckin' kids! Our daughta', your son!
Rih: I--
Jay: Ion wanna hear shit 'cause you a fuckin' liar! You lied to my fuckin' face! All of our faces! And had the nerve to make us all feel like shit for checkin' up on you, meanwhile you was still doin' you.

I just sat there since there wasn't really anything I could say in my defense. It's better to just let him get it all out now.

Jay: Where you get the piss from?
Rih: Huh?
Jay: *mocks* Huh? You heard me. Where you get the piss from? 'Cause I know for damn sure it wasn't yours.

I closed my eyes and looked away. Bey hadn't even thought to question that.

Jay: Yo?!

I started mumbling and he told me to speak up. I blew my breath.

Rih: Meg! I got it from Meg, ok? I bullied 'er to do it 'cause I knew no one else would. She's da on'y one who woulda been too scared to snitch.
Jay: Where'd you hide it?
Rih: *shrugs* I jus' taped a sanwich bag to my chest under my clothes.

He tried not to but a few chuckles escaped.

Jay: That's fuckin' disgustin', Rih.

I shrugged again because in hindsight, I guess it was. But I would've done whatever I had to, to keep from getting caught.