Firebomb

***the "Meg" from the last chapter isn't Meagan Good, she's Robyn's personal assistant. Robyn calls her Meg but her actual name is Madeline.

Bey POV

Today was my princess's birthday party and thank God it's finally winding down. I was happy to see most guests arrived on-time. I swear it be a toss up when it comes to fucking with black folks.

For the most part, Robyn and I have been cordial all day for Blue's sake. My girls, Jay and both mine and my wife's Mamas are the only ones who have really noticed the awkwardness but that's only because they're the only ones hip to our situation.

Me and the girls were all chilling around the two back tables shooting the shit, until Robyn walked up looking like whole damn Daddy. I mentally shook my head. Fucking hormones.

Rih: *smiles* Hey, ladies.

There was a chorus of 'Heyyyy's from everyone, (except Solo, who just rolled her eyes) smiling and giggling and carrying on. They see this woman all the damn time and still act like idiots. I kissed my teeth and sipped my lemonade. Robyn looked at me in confusion and I just rolled my eyes.

Rih: Uh... Bey, *steps closer* can Blue come spend d'night?
Bey: Tonight?
Rih: Yeah. I know it's Jay's weekend but 'e say it's cool. I jus' gotta drop 'er off at your crib tomorrow afternoon...

She trailed off, biting her lip uncertainly. Seeing this I felt a little guilty for making her feel like she has to be nervous about asking to spend time with her stepdaughter.

Bey: *sighs* Yes, she can sleep over. Drop her off around five. Oh wait-- actually, can you take her 'til Wednesday? Ima be runnin' around and I don't wanna drag her with me. Plus she needs to finish her work packets and she won't be able to focus with all that craziness. I can leave her wit' the nanny if--
Rih: No, no, I got it. I already got Raj 'til whenever so...
Bey: *smiles* Ok.
Rih: Ok.

She flashed me a small smile and walked back over to continue playing with the kids with Mel, Jay and a few others. I watched her for a few minutes before I went to go refill my drink. When I went back to sit with my girls, Michelle was in my seat.

Bey: Michelle, get up. You know I was sittin' there.
Chelle: Girl ain't no assigned seats. Find another one.
Kelly: 'Chelle if you don't get yo' raggedy ass up! She pregnant, Jesus.

Michelle huffed but got up and went off in search of another chair.

Angie: I told her that seat was taken, but she didn't listen.
Kellz: Musta had a bad day. All the more reason for us all - except Bey, sorry girl - to hit the club tonight.
Nicki: I'm down.

I saw Solange side-eye her and nudged her in the ribs. She needs to stop being petty. I forgave Nicki, so should she.

Angie: So am I. Hey, y'all think Robyn's sexy ass friend would be down to come wit' us?
Kellz: Uh-uh. No way girl!
Angie: What?
Nicki: Girl, even I know that's all Kelly's skinny cow-creamy-tall-special-dark-chocolate-truffle-nutella-devil's-food-cake. Jesus... Now that I think about it...

We all turned to stare at Mel across the hall.

Angie: *turns to Kelly* Since when?
Nicki: Bey's birthday party, they was all flirty. Kelly know she ain't neva gonna try nothin' but we can't either because she called it first and it goes against the stupid code.
Angie: *whines* Damnit, Kelly!
Kellz: You wanna keep yo' life, stay away from my wife.
Tyty: So ya' husband just don't exist?
Kellz: *shrugs* You said it, I didn't.

I shook my head at Kelly's antics. She'd never cheat on Tim, she loves him too much. But she really wants a piece of Mel for whatever reason. They'd look like two tall glasses of chocolate milk together. I could see it, I guess.