sixty-two

Yo when I tell you Wattpad be trippinnnnn.. I just... I cannot. Let's try this again. Sorry, y'all.

Bey POV

Bey: Are you in love with my wife?

I should've waited to ask that question because she choked on the marijuana smoke, all wide eyed. Even Melissa seemed startled by my bluntness.

A tiny creature circled my leg and I picked him up, cuddling him close. Mel brought her and Robyn's "baby boy" from Barbados where he'd been keeping Mama Monica company. When they go back tomorrow, so does he. He's cute and all but I am not much of a dog person. Nevertheless, I stroked behind his ears while I waited a few seconds for Rita to get herself together.

Rita: What? No!
Bey: Y'all's relationship is... It concerns me. Ion like bein' concerned.
Rita: I'm not in love with her. I never was.

I squinted at her, trying to see if she was telling a lie. I didn't detect any dishonesty but I was still uneasy. She must've picked up on it because she continued.

Rita: Before you ask-- I don't think she feels that way either.

I tilted my head.

Rita: You see... There's three types of men. And I know Robyn isn't a man, but because of our unique situation, let's say that she is.
Bey: Ok.
Rita: There's the ones who don't care a thing about both mother and child, there's the one's who don't care about the mother but love their child and then there's people like Robyn; who love both mother and child. You know how she shows love-- it sometimes can teeter the line of obsession and even possessiveness. I have the watered down version of what she gives to you only because I birthed her son and I'm fine with that. A lot of the time I wish she'd back off a bit, but I do understand that it's just in her nature to be this way.

I thought about what she said and decided that it actually made some sense.

Mel: I know it might not be my place to speak on y'all but one thing I can say is Robyn loves you. She been insane about you for almost ten years. Her actions may be questionable at times an' she can be impulsive an' perpetually idiotic, but d'love she got for you an' Rita are on two wild different levels.

Rih POV

Rih: Whatchu tink I should put wit' 'dis? It look dry.

I'd carried Blue into the kitchen because halfway down the stairs I'd realized I was hungry again. Mama Tina stopped me in the foyer saying she had an errand to run but she'd be back later to make something before her flight back to Houston.

Since we had to fend for ourselves until then, my high ass was taking any and all suggestions. After setting my daughter on the counter, I had pulled out a big glass pan covered in tin foil. I pulled the lid back and saw it was leftover steak or something. I smelled it and it didn't smell old or anything but I would definitely need something to go with it.

Blue shrugged and then her eyes lit up.

Blue: Peanut butta!
Rih: *laughs* Peanut butta? Ok, we try 'dat.

I heard Oliver give a small yip behind me.

Rih: No. No peanut butta for you, Oli.

I kept one hand on her leg to reassure myself she was safe on the counter and stretched to open the cabinet to my right, grabbing the jar of peanut butter. I opened it, grabbed a fork and speared the meat.

Rih: Ok, moment of truth.

I dipped the meat straight into the jar and shoved it into my mouth, chewing slowly. I swallowed and looked up at Blue, smiling as I grabbed another piece.