Chapter 6ix

Destiny couldn't remember the last time she'd made love to him. While she still had the capability to initiate thought, she tried to remember. Aubrey's lips were on her mouth, on her jawline, and tracking a path down the length of her neck while she struggled to remember the last time his lips had touched her in this way.

    When his fingertips touched the tips of her breasts and he arched his hips so that his groin jutted into the apex of her thighs, she lost all capability of thought. His breath was hot on her neck and his fingers were a little cold to touch at first, but gradually warmed up. Then he was pulling his hands from beneath her cami and reaching up to grab her face to hold it still while he kissed her.

    Their kisses were heated. Passionate. Even though they'd been affectionate with each other the past several months, they kissed each other as if they hadn't done so in years...as if they'd been apart from each other for a long time and were just now reuniting. In truth, that was exactly how it felt.

    His hands dropped down from her face and he hooked his fingers onto the straps of her camisole. While his tongue teased hers, he drew the straps down her arms, his fingers brushing against her skin. His beard was thick and soft against her face as he deepened the kiss.

    "I've missed you," he whispered against her lips. "I've missed this."

    "I've missed you too," she whispered back.

    His arms went around her. He held her against him and rocked her.

    She ran a hand over the top of his head.

    "Sing to me," he told her.

    Silence filled the room as she tried to think of a witty response. "Oh, you think you're calling the shots now?"

    He lifted his head and looked at her. "Sing to me."

    "I-I'm not the singer here," she said. "I don't sing. You don't want me to sing."

    He stared at her for a long time. Then he grabbed both of her hands and positioned them behind her back. Holding her gaze, he joined her wrists together and held them in one hand while using his other hand to reach down between them. Her camisole drooped down to her waist. He brushed his knuckles against her belly, then lowered his hand into the waistband of her satin shorts. "I said, 'Sing to me,'" he repeated.

    She gasped when she felt his fingers dip between her thighs.

    "Hesitation is punishable," he reminded her, his voice deceitfully soft. "Whether your family is right down the hall or not."

    "You wouldn't," she hissed at him.

    "Do you really want to test me?" he teased, using his index finger to stroke her. "Especially when you're the one who started this?"

    She stared at him wordlessly.

    "I apologize to you."

    "For what?"

    His eyes lowered, scanning down the length of her torso. "For ever making you think that you were calling the shots," he replied, inserting his index and middle fingers inside of her.

    Her thighs tightened around his hand. "Aubrey," she gasped out.

    His hand stilled. "Who?"

    "Really?" she demanded.

    Mirth lit up his eyes, but he didn't relent.

    "Sir," she corrected herself. "Please don't stop."