Chapter Sixty-Five

An hour passed. Still no Aubrey.

    Destiny remained kneeling, her brows knitted together. Her knees were beginning to hurt. Several times, she started to nod off but forced herself to stay awake. The last thing she'd want when she'd been so adamant about continuing training, was for him to walk in when she was snoring with her chin resting on her chest. She replayed their lovemaking session, but that started to turn her on. Since she had no permission to touch herself, she had to divert her thoughts elsewhere. So she thought about which articles she'd like to write for the Los Angeles Times, thought about all of the culture pieces she could contribute. These thoughts led her to wanting to see more of the city. No matter which city she accompanied Aubrey to, they always wound up staying in every night. Unless he's taking me to a sex club, she thought in disdain.

    Just as it was nearing two hours since she'd last seen Aubrey's face, the heavy metal door opened and Aubrey stood filling the doorway, peering in at her. His entrance brought all of her thoughts to a screeching halt.

    Her back straightened automatically, a proud submissive who wanted to impress her Dominant with perfect posture.

    "I appreciate your patience," he called to her. "Did you miss me?"

    "Of course I did, Sir."

    He strode further into the room, then turned his head and surveyed their surroundings.

    She was curious. Curious to know how his business calls had gone, curious to know why he looked so tense - and even slightly agitated.

    The hand he had at his side curled into a fist and uncurled repeatedly. He held her gaze for a beat, then two, then approached her. With a sigh, he cupped her cheek in his hand. "After those calls, all I want to do is grab a glass of champagne and relax," he admitted. "But then I think of how tired you were earlier, and how you were willing to set that aside just so you could prove to me that you could be an obedient submissive. It would be selfish of me to give up after you've managed to show so much determination."

    "If you're tired-"

    He held a hand up to silence her.

    Her brows drew together, but she closed her mouth and lowered her gaze.

    "Thank you for being willing to excuse me from my duties," he said. "But I refuse to fail as your Dominant. I've already failed you once with training. I don't want to fail you again." His hand fell away from her face, and he backed away from her. "Usually when we interact, I'm quite zealous. Overzealous, in fact. Tonight...if there's any difference, I just want you to understand why."

    If you just allowed me to speak my opinion, though, I could help you, she thought in frustration, resting balled fists on top of her thighs.

    He wandered aimlessly through the aisles of toys and gadgets, stroking his jaw in contemplation. There was an empty look in his eyes, and an expression of general disinterest on his face as he inspected dildos and ball gags and floggers.

    "Permission to speak, Sir?"

    "Permission granted," he replied, sounding distracted as he smacked a palm with one of his paddles. Muttering under his breath, he returned the paddle to the shelf and continued walking down the aisle.

    "I'm sure there are other ways you could train me, ways that would be of more use to you right now," she said, unsure as to why she felt so nervous.

    "What do you mean?" he asked, turning a corner and looking at her.

    "I mean...maybe instead of another fuck-me-until-I-can't-walk session, maybe what you need is something more like...a massage. Or a foot rub. Or...something that will help you to relax, something that will make you less tense."

    He tilted his head to the side.

    She shrugged and looked downward, avoiding his direct gaze. "You spoil me so much. Maybe... maybe what you need is to be spoiled, for a change. You could talk while I listen and massage you. Or... something like that." What she was trying to say made so much sense in her head, but the words weren't coming out quite as right as she'd imagined them.

    Aubrey continued to stare at her and it was then that Destiny realized that he was no longer curling and uncurling his fist.

    Daring a look at him, she fidgeted with her hands. "Or maybe that's a stupid idea? I was just trying to think of something that would make you feel better."

    "Come here," he ordered softly.

    She scrambled out of the bed and took a step towards him.

    He snapped his fingers and pointed an index finger down at the floor.

    Running on instinct alone, she dropped down to the floor on her hands and knees and looked up at him.

    He curved his fingers towards him, beckoning her over to him.

    She crawled over to him and stopped when she reached his feet.

    His eyes were unreadable as he instructed, "Kneel."

    She raised to a kneeling position.

    He brushed her hair out of her eyes. "I am the most self-aware person that I know," he said slowly. "So how is that you know what I need more than I do?"

    It was a question that she didn't know how to answer.

    He stroked her hair a few more times.

    "Permission to speak again?" she asked him.

    "Permission granted."

    "I have an idea. Would you let me...? Could I...?"

    His brows furrowed.

    She looked him in the eyes. "Do you trust me?"