Chapter Forty-Five

Aubrey walked closely behind Destiny while she browsed the wares of the kinky furnishing store. While they were inspecting the merchandise on the shelves, the phone in her purse rang. She removed the phone from her purse and checked the LCD screen. It was Carlos calling. A hand covered hers and slowly guided the phone back into her purse. She glanced at him over her shoulder.

    He gave a slight shake of his head. "No phone calls. Class is in session. Remember?"

    The ringing stopped, then started again. The ringing seemed to go on for forever. Once her phone stopped ringing, his started. He silenced the phone immediately and slid an arm around her waist as they walked down the aisle.

    "What if it's an emergency?" she asked him.

    "It's Carlos," Aubrey reminded her. "His idea of an emergency is having two dates scheduled on the same night, or not having DVR space to record 'Bad Girls Club.'"

    Destiny had to admit that he had a point, but she knew Carlos better than to think he'd call her phone nonstop, and then Aubrey's for a reason as trivial as those.

    "Whenever your phone ring and we're together, ask my permission before answering," Aubrey told her. "Understood?"

    She nodded and turned back to the shelves lined with boxed kneeling platforms. The aisle opened into a wide area with chains hanging from the ceiling.

    A middle-aged couple stood near a set of chains with shackle attached. The woman had short-cropped dark hair and a slender build. A man stood off on the sidelines while a uniformed staffer strapped the woman into the shackles.

    Destiny's eyes narrowed as they traveled upwards to where the chains were secured in the rafters of the store. "What is...?"

    Aubrey's arm tightened around her. "This is going to be interesting," he said softly.

    She turned her head, peering at him out of the corner of her eye. A sense of deja vu fell over her, and she was reminded of a dark, rainy night in an unfamiliar club...a night when she was standing, watching a couple while Aubrey stood behind her. Her skin tingled at the memory as she turned her head to watch the woman as the staffer checked the padded cuffs locked around her wrists and ankles.

    Despite the woman being fully clothed, with the intimacy of the setting, she may as well have been naked. After checking her wrist cuffs, the staffer walked over to a shiny, charcoal gray lever. "Are you ready?"

    The woman looked over to the dark-haired man who hadn't taken his eyes off of her since Destiny had started to watch them.

    With a set of intense, dark eyes, the man told the staffer, "Oh, she's ready."

    The staffer didn't hesitate in pushing down the lever.

    A loud clinking sound filled the area, and the chains above the woman's head rattled. Then slowly, the chains started to shift and tighten, gradually pulling the woman's hands above her head.

    Destiny's eyes widened and she took a step back, colliding with Aubrey.

    Aubrey's other arm crossed over her midsection, holding her steady.

    The woman's feet ceased to touch the floor as she was raised up into the air.

    "How do you feel?" the staffer asked. "Do you feel secure?"

    "Yes," the woman said.

    Destiny stared up at her, then lowered her eyes to the woman's husband or boyfriend or lover - whoever he was. There was a lustful look in his eyes and for the life of her, she couldn't figure out why. What was sexy about a woman hanging in the air with her arms above her head? There was so much distance between the two of them...she was too high up for him to touch her, too high up for her to touch him. And yet the look they were giving each other was intense enough for Destiny to feel the heat between the two of them.

    "Suspension," Aubrey whispered into her ear.

    "I don't understand the purpose of it," she told him.

    "Keep walking," he urged.

    She did as she was told, and not once did Aubrey stray away from her. He kept at least one arm around her as they moved past other suspension setups. A man wearing tight black latex was strung up by chains, and spoke down casually to the staffer overseeing his activity as if the two were close friends.

    The blonde female staffer turned and noticed Destiny and Aubrey. "Did you want to try it out?" she asked them cordially. "There would just be a few forms for you to fill out, a short training session, and then you'd be good to go."

    "Not needed today," Aubrey said from behind Destiny. "I have to break her in first before having her try a setup like this. Maybe next time."

    There's nothing like being talked about like I'm some type of pet or something, Destiny thought with a roll of her eyes. For the sake of the staffer, she forced a smile onto her face.

    "What is suspension about?" Aubrey asked as they continued walking. "It means different things to different people, of course. On one hand, suspension is a breathtaking piece of visual art. To see the body suspended in air like that...it adds a bit of surrealism to the interaction. That's what it adds on the surface. Beyond that, I would say that it's about trust. Vulnerability. You're suspended in the air and you can't escape, even if you tried, similar to other forms of bondage. The main difference with suspension is that even though you're bound and held in position, you're still given a feeling of freedom. Liberation. Maybe because the feeling is so similar to that of flight. At least in my experience..."

    He sounded like he was going to say more, so Destiny paid him her full attention. But his sentence trailed off and the device inside of Destiny started to vibrate again. She gasped out loud and leaned back against him, clamping a hand over her mouth to keep herself from moaning.

    He lowered his head and kissed her neck gently, while continuing to press the button control that was hidden in his pocket.

    It seemed crazy, even to her, but the subtle sound of the vibrator buzzing with in her turned her on. She laid her head back on his shoulder and stared up at the clinking chains secured to the rafters, stared at the strangers floating in midair while their significant others waited on the floor below for them. She pictured herself hanging from those chains, pictured Aubrey staring up at her with a look of pure adoration. A moan started at the base of her throat, and she had to clamp her teeth down on her bottom lip to keep the moan from escaping.

    Aubrey's hand pressed into her stomach while his full, sensual lips worked their magic on her neck. He pressed the length of himself into her ass while sucking her neck. She could feel him growing hard behind her.

    "Aubrey," she moaned out quietly.

    He lifted his head immediately and removed his hand from the button on the controller. "That was a fail."

    She frowned and turned to face him. "I guess I've been a bad girl, then," she said, her voice husky with desire. "Maybe you should throw me on one of these machines and spank me."

    His brows shot up at her boldness.

    Pressing her hand against his chest, she gazed at his moist lips and said, "I don't think you're the only one who's found a new passion in interior decorating."