More Life: Chapter Seventy

Aubrey stretched and cracked one eye open. 

    Destiny was curled up in front of him, her knees tucked in close to her chest.

    Smiling, he cuddled close to her and closed his eyes. 

    Any minute now, they'd both have to get up, shower, and dress for the day. That day would begin with police questioning. It was possible that police questioning would be followed by discovering new information about what had happened last night, and just how closely they'd come to certain death. Fun times ahead.

    Which is why I'm going to enjoy these few moments we have, he thought, placing ricochet kisses to her bare shoulder. 

    She scooted back against him, causing a low groan to rumble at the base of his throat. "Mmm," she cooed.

    "I mean...I have one more in me."

    Laughing, she buried her face in the pillow. "The sun is already up," she croaked. "And I can hear people moving around downstairs."

    "That doesn't mean a damned thing to me," he growled into her ear, nipping at her earlobe.

    "I'm sure it doesn't," she joked, giggling. "Aubrey!"

    "A little bit louder, so everyone hears," he murmured, grinding against her ass.

    Just as she started pushing back against his morning wood, a loud rapping sound struck their bedroom door.

    "You've got to be fucking kidding me," he grumbled.

    "What did I tell you?"

    "We can ignore them," he said, pulling her back against him even as she started pulling away.

    "So they can burst through here like we're characters in Grand Theft Auto?" She successfully pulled away from him and got out of bed, bending at the waist to track down the clothes she'd discarded the previous night.

    He dramatically threw an arm over his eyes. "I miss the days when I was training you and you couldn't disobey me."

    She tossed him a wistful look. "So do I," she said seriously.

    He lowered his arm saw the meaning behind her statement in her eyes. "You know I'm...you know I'm not trying to be an asshole, right?"

    Laughing, she carried the clothing she'd picked up to the small walk-in closet to the left of the bed. "I know you're not trying to be," she tossed at him over her shoulder. "I really do miss what we had. Learning about the lifestyle, learning the different ways to please you. The reason why we're here is so we can get our lives back. Get us back. Trust me, I want to get back to those simpler days when my biggest worry was serving you the right way, pleasing you the right way. But...you did mention that you were training me the wrong way, that you wanted to be a better Dominant for me. I want to be a better submissive for you and that's going to take studying. Focus. Full concentration. There's no way I can fully concentrate on serving you while also running and hiding for my life and being a witness in a high profile trial."

    "I know that," he said, frowning. "And I know I'm being selfish."

    Kneeling on the floor, she rummaged through her suitcase in search of an outfit for the day. 

    "I'm sorry," he apologized.

    "You know I forgive you," she said, sounding distracted. "We want the same things."

    Easing into a comfortable silence, he sat up and got out of bed. 

    "I'm going to shower," she announced, returning to him and giving him a closed mouth kiss before going into the adjoined bathroom.