Chapter Fifteen

"Is this real life right now? Am I shopping for designer clothes on Aubrey Graham's dime?" Candace lightly smacked herself on the cheek, then pinched herself on the forearm.

    "Bitch, this is real life," Carlos said, breezing past her. "Now stop slapping yourself around before I call DCFS on your ass."

    "Since he's feeling so generous, there are a few car lots that I'd like to visit," Mr. Richards said, dutifully standing beside his wife while she rifled through a selection of dresses.

    "Don't worry - I've got something for you," Aubrey told him.

    Mr. Richards beamed from ear to ear.

    Destiny wrapped her arms around Aubrey's waist.

    "You're not interested in buying anything?" Aubrey asked her.

    She shook her head firmly. "I have exactly what I want, right here."

    He leaned down and kissed the top of her head. "How about this?" He held up a long, black sheath of a dress.

    "That looks like a nun's habit," she said with her mouth slanted in disapproval.

    He gave her the side eye as he hung the dress back up. "I personally think it would look amazing on you."

    With a sigh, she grabbed the dress and checked the size on the tag. "Should I try it on?"

    "I think you should, yes. But before you do..." He glanced over his shoulder at her friends and family, who were all preoccupied. Keeping his voice low, he said, "Come here" and circled his arms around her, pulling her against him.

    She gasped and her eyes widened. Just the reaction he wanted.

    He lowered his head and kissed her roughly on the mouth, while pushing her back into the rack of dresses.

    "Aubrey," she gasped against his lips.

    "Who?" he asked against hers.

    She moaned against his mouth as he forced her hands behind her back.

    He moved his kisses from her lips to her cheek, and let his mouth hover beside her ear. "Do you remember the first time you went shopping with me?"

    She turned her head to the side and closed her eyes. How could I ever forget? The first time he'd taken her shopping in Toronto, things had gotten quite heated in one of the store dressing rooms.

    "Do you remember when I fucked you in the dressing room?" His lips clamped down on her earlobe.

    "I remember," she said in a breathy voice.

    "Did you like it?"

    "I liked it."

    "How much did you like it?"

    She focused her gaze over his shoulder, looking past him to make sure that her parents weren't paying them any attention. But any minute, they can turn around and look right at us. "I really liked it."

    "On a scale of one to ten?"

    "Aubrey," she hissed at him. "My parents are right over there."

    "I'm not going to stop until you tell me," he said, lifting his head and looking her in the eyes.

    She stared back at him. "On a scale of one to ten: eleven."

    He grinned and lowered his eyes to the dress she held in her hands. Licking his lips, he reached out and grabbed another dress. He didn't even look as he grabbed it, didn't check its size. He grabbed it, and then he was grabbing her by the hand and pulling her towards the dressing rooms.