Chapter Ninety-Two

A day spent with Carlos meant a lot of inappropriate jokes told at inappropriate times. A day spent with Carlos meant watching him flirt with every halfway-attractive man walking. A day spent with Carlos meant focusing on any piece of fashion within a twenty-feet radius around him. A day spent with Carlos meant fabulosity. As inappropriate as he could be, he was a breath of fresh air, a complete lack of intensity when everything else in Destiny's life had intensity turned up to maximum levels. To add to the entertainment, she had the pleasure of watching Aubrey's reactions to Carlos's craziness.

    Aubrey's earlier sentiment rang true - he did seem to be getting used to Carlos. Just last year and as recently as a few months ago, it seemed that Carlos wasn't much more than a passing inconvenience to Aubrey. These days, it seemed more like Carlos was that zany member of the family that half of Aubrey wished he could disown while the other half knew that he lived for some of Carlos's wittier jokes.

    Returning home with Aubrey was bittersweet. Destiny was happy to be alone with him, but a part of her already missed Carlos. Upstairs in the bathroom, she undressed and showered, then proceeded to lather lotion into her skin while standing at the bathroom sink.

    Aubrey stretched out on the bed with an arm angled behind his head, nosily watching her apply lotion. "We have to have a conversation."

    She arched a look at him over one shoulder while rubbing vanilla scented lotion onto one raised thigh. "Did I miss the part when I told you that you were calling the shots?"

    He smiled and lowered his eyes. "That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about."

    Rubbing her hands together, she lowered her foot to the floor and raised the other foot to the bathroom sink counter so that she could apply lotion to the other leg.

    Aubrey's eyes zoned in back on her, and his gaze lingered on her thighs. His lips parted as he watched her, and his tongue touched his lips.

    Catching his stare out of the corner of her eye, she smiled to herself. "Let me guess," she said, slowing down her application of the lotion to make sure he was getting his proper eyeful. "You want to know if I think we should take it easy, because I'm pregnant."

    His eyes remained locked on her thigh.

    She turned her head and looked at him. "Aubrey."

    Eyes lifting, he nodded. "Yes."

    "Hmm..." She caressed her way down her leg, where she generously applied lotion to a bare ankle. "Well..."

    She could hear him clearing his throat.

    Unable to help smiling again, she took a deep breath and lowered her foot to the floor. Then she turned and leaned back against the bathroom sink counter. "I don't want to take it easy."

    "I'm concerned about your health. Your well-being."

    "I appreciate your concern," she said earnestly, rubbing her hands together as she exited the bathroom and approached him. "But I don't want to take it easy."

    His brow creased.

    Wearing a wicked smile, she raised one bare knee to the bed.

    "The baby?" he asked softly. Ever the concerned father.

    And he was worried about being a bad father, she thought, struck by how much love she felt for him. Without speaking, she untucked his shirt from his pants and raised it over his head. "Do you know how long it took for me to convince you to let me train you?"

    "We can train anytime."

    Her eyebrows arched. "So you'd rather me train you once the baby is here?" she asked, laughing. "I'd love to see how that would work."

    "We'd make it work," he stated.

    "I don't want to give you time to change your mind about allowing me to train you," she countered, unbuckling his belt and sliding it through the belt loops until it dangled in her hand.

    His eyes lowered down to where her hands busily unbuttoned his pants. "I wouldn't change my mind."

    "Can I take that to mean that you're enjoying your training?" she asked, smirking while unzipping his pants.

    "A lot more than I expected."

    "Well, that makes me glad," she said in a serious tone, raising her other knee to the bed so that she was straddling him. "I would hate for my little subbie to be disappointed with his training."

    He shifted so that his arousal poked her. "You'd do best to remember that there's nothing little about this temporary subbie," he told her, his voice lowering.

    She caught her bottom lip between her teeth to keep from squealing in surprise. "Duly noted, baby boy."

    "Permission to touch you?" he asked, his dark eyes filled with desire.

    "Hmm..." Pretending to think about it, she tore her eyes away from him.

    His body grew more and more tense beneath her, with each passing second.

    Enjoying the feeling of making him squirm, she tapped an index finger to her bottom lip. "Let me think..."

    "Seriously?" he asked.

    Somehow she managed not to laugh at how impatient he sounded. "Are you questioning me?"

    He pursed his lips shut, but his jaw clenched.

    "If your Domme wants to take time to think about a request, she can take as much or as little time as she wants," she stated flatly, looking him in the eyes. "I mean...I am new to this, so correct me if I'm mistaken."

    "You're not mistaken," he ground out.

    "Thank you." She rose off of his lap and walked across the room, irritable because she was just as eager to feel him as he was to touch her - but she couldn't give him what he wanted so soon after his display of impatience. She had to teach him a lesson and in doing so, had to also deprive herself of how good his hands would feel.

    "You're still thinking about it?" he called out to her.

    "Yes, I am," she said, moving towards the balcony. "I'll let you know once I've decided." She slid the balcony door open and allowed the night to swallow her whole.