Chapter Twenty-Eight

Destiny blinked at Aubrey.

    "You don't want me to ask again," he said ominously.

    She reached behind her back and started to zip down her dress.

    He watched her while stroking his jaw, but remained still until her dress hit the floor and pooled around her feet. "I want every article of clothing off. Once you are completely undressed, I want you on your knees."

    Now? We're literally doing this right now, as soon as we get in the door? Still, she did as she was told, stepping out of her heels and sliding her panties down her legs. Her panties joined the collection of clothing spreading on the floor, and shortly after, her bra collapsed on top of the pile. She looked at him.

    The look in his eyes was stern, but there was a lot of love there. These days, he had trouble masking it, even when she could tell he was trying to. His eyes lowered down to the floor.

    She followed his gaze, then stepped away from her clothes and knelt down to the floor, allowing her hands to rest on top of her thighs. Without being told, she bowed her head down.

    "Good girl," he said appreciatively. "Wait for me. Don't move." Then she heard his footsteps ascending the staircase.

    Her heart beat wildly in her chest, and she tried to calm it. She didn't know how she was capable of feeling excited, when her parents were most likely close to landing in Arizona with the brand new knowledge that their daughter was a complete freak who had no shame in having her "back blown out" while they rested beneath the same roof. What she had allowed Aubrey to do to her reminded her of conversations she had back in high school, conversations where her friends asked her, "If you could date your dream celeb, would you let him...?"

    "If he told you that he wanted you to run away with him, and you had to leave your family, would you?"

    "If he wanted to sleep with you on the first night, would you?"

    "If he wanted to stick it in your....instead of sticking it in your...would you let him?"

    Destiny's answers had always erred on the side of prudish. If only my friends could see me now, she thought, looking down at her naked body. We'll definitely have some interesting stories to swap at our ten-year reunion.

    Footsteps descended the stairs.

    A shiver ran along the length of the spine, just at the knowledge that he was approaching her and would soon be close to her. She kept her head bowed.

    "Today is training day," Aubrey said as his glossy dress shoes came into view. "Today is the day when you begin to truly learn how to serve me, when you learn the fundamentals of being a submissive." He crouched down and placed his hand beneath her chin, tilting it upwards.

    She met his gaze.

    He held up a glittering piece of jewelry: her collar. His eyes remained locked on hers as he fastened it around her neck. "In the past, I have been lenient with you. When previous women challenged me, it never turned me on; it annoyed me. But you...you're different. The little attitude that you have... the taunting...for some reason, I like it when it's coming from you."

    She smiled.

    He smiled back and caressed her cheek with the back of his hand. "Even though I like it, I can't afford to be lenient with you while training you," he told her. "So the challenging and the taunting, while I'm training you and teaching you the basics, cannot be tolerated. You are to follow my instructions when I give them to you. You are to follow my instructions without hesitation, and to the best of your ability. If you have questions regarding the instructions I give you, you can ask them - after you've followed them. Is that understood?"

    Why can't I ask questions before following the instruction? she wondered, but didn't know if it was safe to ask.

    His smile widened. "Because your brain is being conditioned to follow my orders. For that conditioning, consistency is needed. I command, you follow. There will be a time for questions. Once I've given an instruction is not that time. Understood?"

    "Yes...Sir."

    "Good girl. Follow me." He turned and started walking down the hall.

    She started to stand.

    "I didn't tell you to stand," he said, still sauntering down the hall.

    With her brows furrowed in confusion, she lowered back down to her knees.

    He walked into the living room and disappeared from sight.

    She started to crawl down the hallway, feeling silly. There is nothing sexy about this, she thought. And the floor is hard. And cold. I feel completely ridiculous. It took a lot of effort for her to push her pride aside and continue to crawl towards the living room. She was relieved as soon as her knees touched the carpet of the living room. Crawling on carpet was a lot easier than crawling on hardwood. As she crawled, she raised her head and looked across the room.

    Aubrey stood in front of a chair, unbuttoning his dress shirt with one hand. When he saw her, he held up an index finger. "Stop right there."

    Keeping her hands planted firmly on the floor, she stopped moving.

    He finished unbuttoning his shirt, revealing his bare tattooed torso and flat stomach. "What is going through your mind right now?"

    "I'm wondering why you find crawling sexy," she replied honestly.

    "There is something undeniably sexy about a woman who is crawling to me," he said, unbuttoning one dress shirt cuff. "Maybe it's because she looks like she's getting ready to pounce on me. Maybe it's because the act of crawling seems more primal, more carnal, more predatory..." He paused and ran his index finger across his bottom lip. "Or maybe it's just that I like seeing your cute little ass up in the air like that."

    Her cheeks flushed.

    "Do you want to know how much I trust you?" he asked, pulling on the end of one sleeve.

    "Yes, Sir."

    "Your training and our time together as Dominant and submissive will be conducted without the need of a contract," he informed her. "I feel like we don't need a contract in order to do right by each other."

    Butterflies went crazy in her stomach. "I agree, Sir."

    "Good." He peeled his dress shirt from his shoulders.

    Whenever he undressed, her eyes were hungry for him. She couldn't even explain it. The way his muscles flexed, the slow reveal of his perfect, soft-to-the-touch skin stretched over hard, corded muscle...it drove her crazy. This was no exception. She could've sworn that her mouth actually watered while she watched him remove the shirt and lay it across the back of the nearest chair. She stared at his wide, tattooed back and had to remind herself that he'd told her to stop moving.

    He licked his lips and raised a hand to the belt holding up his dress pants. With deliberately slow movements, he unbuckled his belt with one hand while crooking a finger at her with the other. "Come to me," he commanded.

    She was a horse and he was the carrot. All of a sudden, she understood how crawling could be considered sexy. She felt sexy, or maybe that was her libido working in overdrive. It was hard to tell, these days. But one thing was for sure: crawling felt a whole hell of a lot less awkward when you had a tall, lusty-eyed, broad-shouldered sex/6ix god waiting for you at the finish line.