Chapter Thirty-Two

What followed was a game of Simon Says, or...more accurately, a game of Aubrey Says. He told Destiny that she could stand, seeing as the rough patio stone wasn't the most gentle surface for her knees to touch. He led her over to a small, circular table and instructed her to sit. "You followed me outside completely naked. You didn't question me, didn't look at me crazy, and didn't challenge me. Why?"

    It was a good question. Destiny racked her brain, trying to analyze her own actions. She'd followed him back into the living room, thinking that their activities would continue there. While she'd felt mild surprise at him leading her outside, she hadn't really considered the fact that she was completely naked. "I...don't know," she said after a few minutes of thought. "I didn't really think about it."

    He crossed muscled arms over his chest. "You left the thinking up to me. You trusted me not to lead you astray."

    "I left the thinking up to you?" she repeated, hating the words even as they left her mouth. "That makes me sound like some brainless moron."

    "You think it sounds chauvinistic?"

    "Do I think it sounds chauvinistic?" She gave him an incredulous look.

    He ducked his head down and laughed. "Your definition of chauvinistic behavior has already changed since you've met me. Right or wrong?"

    She dug through her memory banks. Prior to meeting him, she never thought she would have gotten into a cage meant for a dog. She never thought she'd allow someone to lead her around on a leash. The old Destiny would have balked at the idea of having to call a man "Sir," would have given major side eye to the idea of following his every order and being told when she could and couldn't speak. Would it be fair to say that her idea of chauvinistic behavior had changed? "Right," she granted.

    "Your definition will continue to morph and change, throughout this training," he told her. "As mine did. Your definition of a lot of things will change. Your definition of...trust. Love. Commitment. Dedication. People think they know the definition of these words. And don't get me wrong, some of them do. But others...all they know is an ideal they have in their mind. For instance, with love. There are a ton of cliche ways to define love: caring about someone more than you care about yourself, etc. I always had an issue with that definition, by the way. But that's a conversation for another day. There are also the cliche ways to define trust. I won't quite say that these cliche definitions are one hundred percent wrong, but living a lifestyle like this really forces you to look at the levels of trust you can have in someone, forces you to evaluate the ways you express your love for someone."

    "I'm beginning to see that already," she said.

    "Good." He tilted his head to the side and took a step back. "Stand up for me."

    But I just sat down. Destiny slowly rose from her chair.

    "Sit down," he commanded.

    She blinked at him. What is this?

    He arched a thick, dark brow at her.

    Holding his gaze, she slowly lowered herself back into the chair.

    "Stand up."

    She stood up.

    "Sit down."

    She sat back down.

    He smiled at her. "Stand."

    "What is this?" she asked him while standing.

    "Ah, but you were doing so well," he said, turning his back to her. "'This' is an exercise with multiple purposes. Its main purpose is to train you to follow my instructions without questioning or challenging me. This is also meant to help your brain separate the BDSM lifestyle from the strictly sexual association it currently possesses. This lifestyle isn't just about sex, not for me. It's bigger than that, for me. When I give you an instruction, I want you to follow it to the letter - whether it's sexual or not."

    "So if you say, 'Bitch, go into the kitchen and fix me a sandwich,' I'm supposed to do as you say without snapping on you?"

    He burst out laughing. "That's not really my style, but yes. In theory."

    "In theory," she repeated softly, her mouth slanting in disapproval.

    "Sit," he ordered, his eyes twinkling in amusement.

    With furrowed brows, she sat down.

    "Stand."

   After the repetitive task of sitting and standing was completed, he allowed her to sit and rest. Instead of claiming the seat next to her, he hopped onto the table and perched at the edge of it. "Training isn't going to be fun for you," he explained to her, staring out towards the pool with squinted eyes. "It's not meant to be fun and enjoyable, not unless you're just dabbling. Training is meant to teach, meant to enlighten. It's meant to ensure that a Dominant and a submissive are compatible. Will there be moments that you enjoy? Sure. Especially when you please me. I am a firm believer in rewarding good behavior."

    "Are we still able to have moments when we can just be us?" she asked him.

    He glanced over his shoulder at her. "For the sake of training, it's best that we are consistent. That is where I failed with you the last time I attempted to train you. It's why I grew more and more lenient with you. Your training this time around will be around-the-clock. It's the best way for you to learn. So...I just ask that you be patient with me. Listen to me. Obey me. Provide feedback when I grant you the permission to do so, because that is how I will learn more about your likes and dislikes as it pertains to the lifestyle."

    She lowered her eyes, trying not to show her disappointment.

    "You've spent a great deal of time with me," he said. "You already know what it's like to live with me. There won't be any drastic changes from that. During training, I will be more strict and your witty comebacks won't be allowed...but otherwise, I don't foresee any problems. Do you?"

    She gave the slightest shake of her head.

    "Good. Do you have any questions for me so far?"

    "I have a ton of them, but there is something I've been wondering for awhile."

    He slid off of the table and turned to face her. Gesturing towards her with one hand, he said, "Well, ask me."

    She crossed one leg over the other, leaned back in her chair, and said, "It's more of a suggestion, really."

    His eyes lingered on her bare legs. "I'm all ears."

    "Once my training is over," she began, "I think your training should start."