Chapter 23 - That is for you to find out

Lan Zhan got to the place where they set the trio off. And stayed there waiting for them. Lan Xichen came after some minutes and Xiao Xingchen came some seconds. Chamberlain Wu came after 30 minutes and was surprised to see the trio waiting.

"You came too early. They will be here anytime soon," Chamberlain Wu said and looked to the forest. Lan Zhan is restless and keeps on gazing at the forest and then he walks again. Did the same thing every 3 minutes. Lan Xichen smiled and shakes his head.

"They will be here any minute now." Lan Xichen also anticipates Jiang Cheng's arrival. After a few minutes of waiting, the trio saw their husband so they went to them.

"LAN ZHAN!" Wei Ying's exhaustion and fatigued were washed away when he saw his Lan Zhan. The latter hugged him tight and kissed his lips. Lan Xichen and Xiao Xingchen kissed their respective partners.

"Wei Ying..." Lan Zhan buried his head in Wei Ying's crook of the neck. Wei Ying pats Lan Zhan's back. He also missed Lan Zhan and can't believe that he's already back in Lan Zhan's arms. 

"I missed you, Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying said. Lan Zhan pulled away from the hug and inspect Wei Ying's body. 

"Are you hurt? Are you in pain?" Lan Zhan asked. Wei Ying blinked and looked at Jiang Cheng and Xue Yang before shaking his head and smiling.

"I am not hurt okay. You worry too much! I told you I am stronger than before," Wei Ying said and smile. Lan Zhan sighed deeply and nodded. Baoshan Sanren looked at them before looking at Chamberlain Wu.

"Are there any reports that needed attention?" Baoshan Sanren asked. Chamberlain Wu bowed before answering.

"Not at the moment, Master." Baoshan Sanren nodded and looked at the three couples.

"Very well. Wei Ying, Sect Leader Jiang and Xue Yang. Rest well with your husband and I suggest not to engage in nightly activities and just let them sleep," Baosan Sanren said and walk first and left them. Wen Qing and Chamberlain Wu bowed before the three and followed Baoshan Sanren. Lan Xichen hugged Jiang Cheng tight and Xiao Xingchen didn the same with Xue Yang.

"Ah Yang, did you eat well?" Xue Yang looked at Xiao Xingchen and sighed.

"I didn't eat much but I am fine. I just wanted to sleep," Xue Yang said and yawned. Xiao Xingchen nodded and held Xue Yang's hands and guided him to their room.

"How about you, Ah Cheng? Do you want a bath, food or just want to sleep?" Lan Xichen asked. Jiang Cheng put his hand on his wound and can feel the sticky liquid on his hand. So he looked at Lan Xichen.

"I want to have a bath before I sleep," he said straight face and walked first. Lan Xichen noticed the blood in his Jiang Cheng's hand and got alarmed. So he followed Jiang Cheng leaving Wei Ying and Lan Zhan alone. Lan Zhan again kissed Wei Ying on the lips and Wei Ying kissed him back with the same intensity as what Lan Zhan gives him. He lifted Wei Ying up and walked to a nearby tree  to pin him and kissed his neck hungrily. Wei Ying moaned as he felt the heat in Lan Zhan's hands and lips. He feels like he's burning.

"Lan... Zhan..." Wei Ying moaned his husband's name and brushed his hand on Lan Zhan's long hair. "Have... mercy on me..." Lan Zhan stopped and breathed Wei Ying's scent that he missed from him. Other than the smell of lotus from him, something sweet was mixed in. Something that is hard to resist.

"Mn." But Lan Zhan is a good boy and he stopped even though he doesn't want to. Wei Ying panted and looked at Lan Zhan. He smiled and kissed Lan Zhan's forehead.

"Let me rest then we can spend a lot of time together, okay?" Wei Ying happily said. Lan Zhan looked at him and nodded. Even if Lan Zhan's face is expressionless, he can still see the sparkle in his eyes. He put Wei Ying down and hold his hand and guided to their room.

When Xiao Xingchen and Xue Yang arrived at their room, Xue Yang was surprised when Xiao Xingchen picked him up and put him on the bed. Xue Yang smirked and crossed his arms.

"Xiao Xingchen, Xiao Xingchen, your Master told you to let us rest but you're going to start now? You became bold!" Xue Yang said with a playful smile on his face. Xiao Xingchen looked at him seriously and forcefully opened Xue Yang's robes and revealed his blood-soaked bandage. Xue Yang was so surprised when he did it then the covered himself again. "What are you doing?"

"You got hurt. What happened?" Xue Yang looked away and rolled his eyes. He didn't want to answer him because of course he won't tell him about what he experienced in the mountains.

"Nothing! I got hurt because Wei Ying is being silly and aren't doing everything I say," he said. If Wei Ying heard his answer he will make a fuss about it. He laid down and doesn't want to do anything right now because his body felt heavy and just wanted to sleep. "Wake me up if we're going to eat. I am a little sleepy." And after a few seconds, Xue Yang falls asleep. Xiao Xingchen looked at Xue Yang who was sleeping and decided to treat the wound. Wen Qing must be tending the wound for them. So he carefully takes off Xue Yang's clothes, but it seems that he's really tired that even if he was loud and he tossed and turned Xue Yang's body, he didn't wake up. It was a little concerning but he will ask his master about it. After cleaning and dressing Xue Yang's wound he went to his Master's room and knocked. But he was surprised to see the two clearly have the same concerning face just like him. He turned to Baoshan Sanren and bowed.

"Master," he greeted. Baoshan Sanren sighed and looked at the servant beside her. The servant pours her tea.

"So what makes you three come here? Shouldn't you take care of your husbands?" Baoshan Sanren asked and looked at the three. Lan Zhan looked at her and opened his mouth.

"Wei Ying..." Baoshan Sanren raised her hand and looked at the three.

"Ah... Yes. They are all injured and I know you know why they are. You've seen it in your dreams." They were surprised to hear what she said. So, the dreams they had was connected with the three. "The dream you had was the hallucination they had when they are in the mountains. The Mountain God, Zhong Tai, protected the mountain by putting a hallucination spell and they got affected by it."

"I'm my dream, I stabbed Xue Yang," Xiao Xingchen said and his face paled. Thinking of hurting your loved one is the worst feeling you will ever feel. 

"Mn. Me too." Even though he wasn't the one who stabbed him but he saw his other self stab his Wei Ying hurts him more because he didn't protect his Wei Ying. Lan Xichen sighed deeply and looked down. 

"In mine, I wasn't the one who stabbed Jiang Cheng but I was the one who ordered it." They all looked at Lan Xichen clearly thinking how did that happen since he's the good boy who always follows the rules. Baoshan Sanren sighed and put the tea down and looked at them.

"I actually didn't expect it to happen since they are very high cultivators but father- I mean Zhong Tai wanted to test them out. So, I am sorry for being negligent about them when I clearly asked them to come with me. But since they passed the test they were given a very good reward that most people didn't achieve," Baoshan Sanren said and smiled. Lan Xichen, Xiao Xingchen and Lan Zhan looked at each other before giving Baoshan Sanren a questioning gaze.

"What is it, Master?" Baoshan Sanren shrugged her shoulders and gives them mysterious smile before picking up the tea again.

"That is for you to find out."

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: I am back! Sorry if I got busy and didn't post for two days! Or more? I hope I can post another chapter later but I am really not sure, I will try. See you soon, my lovelies!

Pardon my English, grammatical errors and spelling.