Chapter 38 - Jiang Cheng is pregnant

Jiang Cheng, Wei Ying, and Lan Zhan, along with the juniors Jin Ling, Lan Sizhui, and Lan Jingyi, went to a small village near the borders of Qishan Wen. The report that came to them was a ghost roaming around the village. All they know about the spirit is that it was a woman. Wei Ying sighed and put his clasped hands behind his head while walking.

"What do you think is the ghost spirit needs?" Wei Ying asked Jiang Cheng. The latter just shrugged his shoulders and clearly didn't want to be bothered, but he was happy that Wei Ying asked him to come with them, at least he won't think about those Lan Xichen. When they arrived they are so amazed by the village's scenery.  

The place was full of flowers. Everywhere! From Plum trees that bloom all year round to small flowers that they don't remember the name of. But what is attractive to their eyes is the carnation flowers. Children, mostly girls, are holding carnation flowers. Wei Ying was so fond of children since he took care of Lan Sizhui when he was young.

"Ah Yuan, look! When you were young, you were this tall! So cute!" Wei Ying said excitedly when he saw a small child holding a paper butterfly. Lan Sizhui blushed and covered his face.

"Don't tease me, Wei Qianbei!" There are flowers in each other the houses. They are like a festival going on. Wei Ying saw a mother and baby. Then suddenly, he remembered the baby he had lost just a few days ago. Lan Zhan noticed it and looked at Wei Ying was looking. A mother and child. Then he suddenly felt alarmed. Is he still bothered because of his uncle? Lan Zhan saw Wei Ying put his hand on his stomach before looking down and sighed. Lan Zhan went toward Wei Ying and held him on his waist, making Wei Ying get startled. The latter looked at his husband before smiling.

"What is it, Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying asked. Lan Zhan kissed Wei Ying on his forehead. The latter blushed. "What was that for, Lan Zhan?"

"Wei Ying, I don't need children. Just you is enough." That was supposed to be sweet but Wei Ying didn't feel happy about it. He gave Lan Zhan a forced smile and removed Lan Zhan's hand on his waist. He was hurt, but Lan Zhan' didn't mean it in the wrong way. He was assuring him, but how can he stop himself from getting hurt because of his words? 

"I see. Let's go," Wei Ying said and walked away. Lan Zhan was so surprised by Wei Ying's reaction. Why does he feel like Wei Ying is hurt? Did he want children? Does Wei Ying wish to adopt? Well, that can be arranged. He will talk with his brother when they return, so he follows Wei Ying. But the latter went to Jiang Cheng's side. He just sighed and looked for the junior disciples and ask the village chief about the ghost they needed to deal with.

Jiang Cheng was walking along the road when young children gave him a carnation flower. He was surprised. Every single child gives him a flower. Wei Ying went to his side and looked at his hands.

"Aiyah, Jiang Cheng! Why do you have so many flowers in your hand? Did you snatch it away?" Jiang Cheng looked at Wei Ying before rolling his eyes.

"I am not a child! Stupid! They give it to me," Jiang Cheng said. Then a woman went to them with a smile on her face.

"Gongzi, are you from Taicang Sect?" The woman asked. Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng looked at each other before shaking their head.

"We're from Gusu Lan and Yunmeng Jiang sect. But we visited Taicang Sect before," Wei Ying answered politely. The woman shook her head and smiled widely. 

"Today was a very special day, and It was called mother's day. Children will give a carnation flower to the mothers and expecting mothers. They say that children can feel if someone is pregnant or not. Since you visit Taicang Sect, you can carry a child," the woman said, shocking Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng. 

"How did you know about that?" Wei Ying asked suspiciously. The woman smiled and looked at the flowers before looking at them again.

"Once, there are a couple who was cultivation partners, and they are both males, and Taicang Mountain blesses them. One of them was expecting and gave birth. It was really a miracle." Wei Ying nodded and looked at Jiang Cheng before smiling. There is hurt but also happiness in Wei Ying's heart. He was happy for his sworn brother, but he was also hurt because he... not expecting now.

"Then Ah Cheng, since the children gave you flowers, it means you're expecting." Wei Ying nudges Jiang Cheng's side. Jiang Cheng stiffened and looked at Wei Ying and then at the flowers he held to his stomach. There is a child inside him?

"Congrats, gongzi. It was a very good blessing. But if you may, I am a doctor. I can check you up if you want." Wei Ying looked at the woman.

"So, you experienced it? Are you the one who assisted?" The woman nodded with a wide smile.

"Yes, gongzi." Wei Ying nodded and looked at Jiang Cheng before giving her a small smile.

"Then check this big guy if he's carrying. I also want to know," Wei Ying said. The woman ushered Jiang Cheng to sit inside the house to get checked. Wei Ying was outside and waiting for Jiang Cheng when a small child came to him and gave him a small flower. Wei Ying accepted it with a wide smile on his face.

"Thank you," Wei Ying said and pat the child's head. He matched the child's height. The small child hugged Wei Ying as if he was being comforted. Then after a few seconds of hug, the child pulled away from him and ran away. Wei Ying stood up and looked at the flower he was holding. He was wondering what it meant. 

Then after a few minutes, Jiang Cheng and the woman came out. The woman smiled and nodded at Wei Ying. Wei Ying was happy at the news. His siblings are expecting. His Shijie and his Shidi. 

"Congrats, Jiang Cheng!" Wei Ying exclaimed and hugged his brother. Jiang Cheng can't still believe that there is a child inside him. That is why he's showing symptoms. Nauseous, vomiting, change of mood, and loss of appetite. He put his hand on his stomach and caressed it. There is a life inside him, and he needs to be careful since he is only in the first trimester, which is very risky. The woman noticed a flower that Wei Ying was holding.

"Gongzi, who might give you that flower?" The woman asked Wei Ying. Then the latter remembered the flower he was holding. Then he looked at the woman. It was a small white daisy. 

"A child gave it to me. I wonder what it means." Wei Ying answered. The woman looked at Wei Ying concerned, then she went to Wei Ying and held his hand.

"I'm sorry for your loss," the woman said and sighed. Wei Ying stiffened so as Jiang Cheng. Wei Ying's breath hitched. Jiang Cheng looked at Wei Ying, shocked. Wei Ying smiled and patted the woman's hand, acknowledging what the woman had said. At first, Jiang Cheng didn't know what she meant, but then he understood. 

Then they left the place after the woman gave them the medicine that Jiang Cheng needed. 

"Why didn't you tell me?" Jiang Cheng said. Wei Ying sadly smile and looked at him. 

"I don't want to be a bother. Also, there are so many things to do in your sect." Jiang Cheng grunted but instead of questioning him, he put his hand on Wei Ying's shoulder. 

"I am here for you, Wei Wuxian." Wei Ying smiled and nodded.

"Thanks, Ah Cheng. So, take care of yourself! From now on, you can't go out of your sect. It was dangerous outside. I will come to you from time to time to check on you, okay?" Wei Ying said with a wide smile on his face but he knows how hard to lose someone important much more when they are someone you anticipate for a long time.

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: Okay, this is the last time I will... uhh... this won't be the last time... I am really cruel aren't I? Yeah... Sorry... but It has to be done.

Pardon my English, grammatical errors, and spelling! See you soon, Lovelies!