Chapter 48 - Lotus Soup Smells bad

Since Nie Huaisang is really good and competent he got to know a lot of things. He's reading a lot of papers other than his duties as the new Xiandu and the Nie Sect Leader.

"It seems another Wen is causing trouble. That damn, Wen Chao and Wang Lingjiao's son!" Nie Huaisang cursed under his breath and deploy all of his secret spies to look for him and the missing Su She and Jin Guangyao. "They should have known that messing with Hanguang Jun and Wei Wuxian is not ideal." He stood up and asked his servants to fetch him a carriage because he will travel to Yunmeng. Since he's not cultivating a saber or a sword he couldn't fly a sword. And his cultivation is a Fan Cultivation that Wei Wuxian taught him a few months ago. He was really in debt for that. At least he didn't shame his brother's name.

Jiang  Cheng looked at the letter he received from Gusu Lan. An Invitation for Lan Xichen and Liu Qin's Wedding. Jiang Cheng looked at the letter bitterly and threw it away from him. He sighed and put his hand on his lower abdomen and stroke it in circles. He's doing it on habit. Then Wen Qing barged in with medicine box with her.

"How do you feel?" Wen Qing said and feel his pulse. She felt that Jiang Cheng's blood pressure raise so she work her hands. "Did the letter make you mad?"

"Let's not talk about it." Wen Qing just nodded and let Jiang Cheng drink a safe medicine for pregnant person. Wen Qing saw the letter so she picked it up and read the letter. It was from Lan Qiren, asking for Jiang Cheng's presence. Wen Qing immediately got annoyed because of this hypocrite Lan. Along with the letter was an invitation of Lan Xichen's wedding that will happen in a month. Wen Qing's heart broke because he felt bad for his friend. Also, she saw the sadness of Lan Xichen when he left 2 weeks ago. "Qing Jie..." Wen Qing looked Jiang Cheng who also called her Jie.

"Hmm?" Jiang Cheng sighed and massaged his temples.

"When the child gets born, are you going back?" Wen Qing blink and sighed.

"I will go back since I am part of Baoshan Tulong Sect. But if you're thinking of asking me to marry you just to make sure that the child will have a mother figure then I refuse. Even if we became close and I had once love you, I won't marry you. I hope you understand. I love what we had and I won't ever want it to change. Ah Cheng, as someone who loved you once, I want you to be happy." Jiang Cheng looked at her with a small smile on his face. Wen Qing did the same. She felt happy.

"You're not going to scold me for not hearing Lan Xichen?" Wen Qing sat on the stairs that was near to where Jiang Cheng sat.

"Well, I can't blame you. You don't want to stress yourself but... Hearing his explanation might give you the truth that you wanted or at least a closure." Wen Qing looked outside where they see disciples training. "Maybe it was really a misunderstanding."

"But what if it's not? What if I accepted it but they cheated on me? I can't! It will tear me, it will kill me," Jiang Cheng said. Wen Qing nodded.

"I understand but... Can Zewu Jun cheat on you?" Jiang Cheng stiffened. Can Zewu Jun cheat on him? He's a Lan for f*ck sake! Can he cheat? Or even lie? A woman such as that woman can lie but not Lan Xichen. He sighed shakily. Thinking about it now made him regret his words.

"Ah Cheng!" Wen Qing stood up and welcome the heavily 7 months pregnant Jiang Yanli. Wen Qing saluted.

"Welcome, Madam Jin." Jiang Yanli smiled when she saw Wen Qing hold her arm.

"Come! Wei Ying and Lan er gongzi came to visit. Also, Wei Ying said that he wanted to see you Wen Qing." Wen Qing nodded.

"Maybe he's going to ask me about the nourishment pills I give him. I'll be leaving first," Wen Qing said and bowed. She walked out of the room. Leaving the Jiang siblings alone. Jiang Cheng sighed deeply and lean on the back chair.