Chapter 34 - Threatened

Wei Ying, Lan Sizhui, and Lan Jingyi returned to the cloud recesses the next day. They saw Lan Zhan waiting at the gate, clearly waiting for the three to arrive. Wei Ying looked at the two, and his eyes told them that they couldn't say anything to Lan Zhan about what happened. Wei Ying smiled widely and immediately went to his husband.

"Lan Zhan! Were you waiting for me? Did you miss me that much?" Wei Ying said excitedly. Lan Sizhui and Lan Jingyi were amazed that Wei Ying could mask his unhappiness. The two tried to smile and wave their hands to Hanguang Jun.

"Hanguang Jun! We're back!" Lan Jingyi said with a forced smile on his face. Lan Zhan looked at the three, and they found them odd. He noticed the puffy eyes of the three like they cried soo much, but Lan Zhan didn't pay too much attention to it. The latter nodded and looked at his husband. He smelled herbs and medicine from Wei Ying, so his eyes squinted. Why does he smell like that? Did he go to the healer already? Did Wei Ying get hurt?

"Did something happen?" Lan Zhan asked seriously. The trio stiffened and looked at each other before they laughed nervously. Lan Zhan felt something was wrong.

"Nothing is wrong, Lan Zhan. We fought a strong ghost last night, and we got injured-" Lan Zhan got alarmed. Wei Ying saw Lan Zhan's expression shift, waving both hands. "We're not that injured. I promise! Only scratches from here and there. But overall, we're fine!"

"Are you sure?" The trio nodded. Then Lan Zhan was assured. "Ah Yuan, Jingyi, go ahead and rest. I'll take Wei Ying to the healer first." The two nodded and saluted. Wei Ying waved to them, and the couple walked away hand in hand as if nothing had happened. That Wei Ying didn't lose something important. Lan Jingyi and Lan Sizhui looked at Wei Ying's back.

"I am soo amazed by Wei Qianbei. He's really strong. I hope I can be like him in the future," Lan Jingyi said. Lan Sizhui vowed to take care of his mother, making a mistake last night. He was preoccupied with his relationship with Ouyang Zizhen. Now that it turned this way, the best thing he could do is... to let it go and focus on his mother. 

"Let's go, Jingyi. Help me find some small wood for my sibling's tablet." Lan Sizhui walked away, and Lan Jingyi followed him. 

Lan Xichen was having a hard time because his Wanyin was not answering his calls, even his butterfly message. He also went to Lotus Pier many times, but the latter didn't even face him once. He was really on his edge. If Jiang Cheng had heard them that night, he might misunderstand everything. The only thing he can think of is to talk to his brother-in-law. While walking, he saw someone he really didn't want to see. Liu Qin was looking at him, and guilt was on her face. His expression hardened, and he decided to walk away, but the woman stopped him.

"Sect Leader Lan, please give a second of your time," Liu Qin said. She was afraid of her mother. She told her mother that she was pregnant and told her that it was Wen Chaojiao's child. Her mother got angry and wanted to abort the child, but she begged not to. She thought that her mother would accept it, but she thought wrong. So, she was forced to lie to Lan Qiren, telling him that Lan Xichen was the child's father. 

"What needs to talk about, Lady Liu?" Lan Xichen asked coldly. Liu Qin flinched. She didn't expect this kind man is able to talk coldly toward her. But she can't blame him. 

"Sect Leader Lan, please just bear with me! The child's father will rescue me and take me away soon. I just want you to bear with me for a little time," Liu Qin begged. Lan Xichen looked at her with visible controlled anger on his face. 

"But what if not? Lady Liu, I can't tolerate liars. And you lie to my uncle, forced me to marry you despite my refusal!" Liu Qin sighed and clasped her hands. She closed her eyes and decided to kneel.

"Please, Sect Leader Lan. Just give me a time. I will talk to Jiang Wanyin and explain it to him if you want! Please!" Liu Qin begged. For her child and the child's father. Lan Xichen is not cold-hearted, so he sighed and helped her stand up.

"As long as you told Jiang Cheng the truth, then I will happily help you. We'll go to Lotus Pier and tell him the truth." Liu Qin sighed in relief. She knows that Lan Xichen is kind, and explaining to Jiang Cheng will be easy. Little did she know that her mother heard everything. Madam Liu smirked and planned to sever the relationship between the two Sect Leaders in order to marry her daughter off to the Lans. Liu Qin is scared of her own mother so with a little threat, she can make her daughter lie a thousand times. She knows how much her daughter loves Wen Chaojiao, that bastard son of the fallen Qishan Wen, and the child, then threatening her with their lives, she can make her lie to Jiang Cheng. That cut sleeve of a man. 

That night, the mother and daughter talked with each other. Liu Qin was so afraid of what her mother could do to her.

"Liu Qin, I heard you and Sect Leader Lan that you'll go to Lotus Pier tomorrow." Liu Qin paled. She didn't expect her mother to hear them talking.

"Y-yes we are." Liu Qin faced her mother bravely. Madam Liu smirked. Even though she tried to be brave, it was a failure.

"Then ask him to go to your wedding. Qin er, don't make the mistake of telling him the truth, or Wen Chaojiao and the baby inside your womb will cease to exist in this world. Tell him that you're pregnant with Lan Xichen's child and that man won't even look a second time to Lan Xichen. Think about it, and you'll be living in a house full of luxuries. You can give a good education to your child with a surname of a Lan. A prestigious family than that bastard son of the fallen Qishan Wen! Think about your future! Love can't make you eat, and it will ruin you! Trust me my dear child-" Madam Liu held her child's hand. A devilish smile was plastered on her face. Liu Qin was so afraid. "I've been there, and I regret it a lot!"

"M-Mother..." Madam Liu hugged her and stroke her hair.

"All you need to do is to lie. It's not that hard, and you already did that to Lan Qiren. Last one lie, will save the father of your child and the child inside you. Choose wisely, my love." With that one last sentence. Madam Liu left. She saw the fear on her child's face, knowing that she had won. All she needs to do is to sit and wait. All the things she planned will be fruitful in the next few hours.

Liu Qin flopped down on the floor. She didn't know what to do. she already told Lan Xichen that she would tell the truth, but her mother threatened her with the child and Wen Chaojiao. She knows her mother can do it, and she won't be sitting in her position if she can't. All she could do was weep.

"I'm sorry... Xichen... Sect Leader Jiang... I am really sorry!"

🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇🐇
A/n: I am so sleepy and at the same time sad because of the first miscarriage of Wei Ying. I can't believe I did that to Wei Ying and Lan Zhan but it needed to be done.

Pardon my English, grammatical errors, and spelling. See You soon, lovelies!