Chapter 39 - A woman's spirit

Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng saw Lan Zhan and the juniors. Lan Zhan welcomed Wei Ying with a smile. Wei Yung run toward Lan Zhan's arms with a smile on his face. Jiang Cheng shakes his head with a sigh. Wei Ying can mask his unhappiness with a fake happiness just like how he was unhappy with the life he had when he stand for the right thing with the Wens. But he was thinking the same, now that he's pregnant how can he say that to Lan Xichen. He was pregnant with his child. Then irritation came to him.

It doesn't matter, he can raise the child by himself! He toom care of his nephew and niece so it will be easy peasy!

"Oh yeah, Jiang Cheng can't come with us!" Wei Ying said to Lan Zhan. Jin Ling looked at his uncle worried.

"Are you hurt, Uncle?" Jin Ling asked and went to Jiang Cheng. The latter looked at his nephew before his one eyebrow raised.

"Now, you're just concerned about me? You don't even think about me when you leave you sect alone without me knowing! Jin Ling, I will break your leg if you got hurt!" Jiang Cheng said. Jin Ling pouted and crosses his arms.

"I am old enough. Do I look like a baby to you?" Jiang Cheng rolled his eyes. Wei Ying shakes his head and hugged his husband's arm.

"Ah Yuan, you go and take care of Jiang Cheng for me in the inn." Lan Sizhui looked at Wei Ying asking why does he need to take care of Jiang Cheng when he's the one Lan Sizhui wanted to take care of. Wei Ying winked at him then understood what he means. Lan Zhan's eyes squinted. It seems like Wei Ying, Jiang Cheng and Lan Sizhui has a secret. He will ask Wei Ying about it later.

"Okay, Wei Qianbei." After arranging everything, they waited for the night to arrive. At night, all the villagers told them that there is a spirit roaming their village scaring every living daylights of the villagers. So, they ask for them to solve this case.

When the night comes, they all split up to looked the the said woman. Lan Zhan took Lan Jingyi while Wei Ying with Jin Ling.

"How's your Ah niang, Jin Ling?" Wei Ying asked his nephew. Jin Ling looked at him first before answering.

"Ah niang is okay. It was her third pregnancy and she said that this one is docile unlike when she is pregnant with Ah Mei." Wei Ying looked at Jin Ling curiously.

"Oh, is Ah Mei a little mischievous when she's still in Shijie's womb?" Wei Ying asked. Jin Ling nodded and crossed his arms.

"Yeah. Ah Mei always squirm inside her like she was playing. Well, I can't blame her since Ah Mei is really an adventurous kid," Jin Ling said as if he's a doting brother. Wei Ying smiled and pats Jin Ling's head.

"Well, you'll take care three children in the next few months!" Wei Ying said with a laugh and pats Jin Lin's back. Jin Ling's eyes widened and looked at Wei Ying.

"Threeeee?! What do you mean three?" Wei Ying just laughs at him and walked first. Jin Ling's mouth hang opened and followed his uncle. "What you mean three, Uncle Wei!"

Lan Zhan looked at Lan Jingyi. Lan Sizhui tell all of his secrets with Lan Jingyi, if Lan Jingyi changed the subject it means that he is trying to keep a secret that he didn't want to say. But if you caught him off guard, he will tell everything you wanted to know. It's agaisn't to Lan Zhan's principles but he needs to know. He also wanted to know if the secret they hold is connected to the worry and burden Wei Ying has. Lan Zhan cough to get Lan Jingyi's attention. Which he got immediately.

"Hangguang Jun, are you okay?" Lan Jingyi asked. Lan Zhan looked at him seriously before looking down.

"Is Ah Yuan okay?" Lan Jingyi's head tilt to the left before looking away, thinking. Before something clicked to his mind.