Chapter 65 - Attacking the Clans (Part 1)

Everyone is on their toes. All Sect Leaders are in alert mode even Jiang Cheng who just give birth a month ago. Xue Yang was also at Yunmeng as to Lan Xichen's request and asked the help of Xiao Xingchen to protect Yunmeng.  Lan Zhan was always at Wei Ying's side and caring for his wife, assuring that everything is okay because Wei Ying is being sensitive and feeling queasy. Then the alarm was heard in all parts of Yunmeng. Wei Ying was surprised to see new Wens near Yunmeng Jiang Mansion. Lan Zhan picked him up and run towards the innermost part of Yunmeng where Jiang Yanli and her young children, Xue Yang with the twins and Xiao Xingchen, and Jiang Cheng with her daughter were in his arm. Lan Zhan out down Wei Ying beside Jiang Yanli.

"Wei Ying, stay here and be good. I'll come back for you," Lan Zhan said and kissed his wife's forehead. He was about to leave but Wei Ying stopped him.

"Lan Zhan, I'm coming with you!" Wei Ying declared. Lan Zhan looked at his wife and shook his head.

"Wei Ying, you're pregnant. I promise not to get hurt. Just be safe here with Yanli Shijie," Lan Zhan said and hold Wei Ying's hands and kissed them. Wei Ying looked at him unwilling but Lan Zhan put Wei Ying's hand on his bulging stomach. "Stay here with our little radish."

"Lan Zhan..." Lan Zhan reached for his wife's face and kissed him on the lips. Wei Ying kissed him back. They pulled back after a few seconds and Lan Zhan stood up properly and walked out with his Bichen in hand and Guqin in his Quakun Pouch. Jiang Cheng then turned to Wei Ying and gave his daughter to Wei Ying. The latter felt something familiar with this scenario, he suddenly remembered Madam Yu. Wei Ying pursed his lips and there is bitterness in his mouth but he was not going to complain since Mei Lien is his niece. "Don't worry Jiang Cheng, I'll protect Mei Lien and Shijie with my life."

"Ah Ying, you're not my real brother but you protected me and Shijie with your life. I'll forever be in your debt. But I also want you to take care of yourself. Because without you, my Mei Lien won't be here with us. Thank you soo much. Shijie, go take care of Wei Ying for me too." Wei Ying teared up. Jiang Yanli nodded and pat Wei Ying's back. Jiang Cheng kissed his daughter before leaving.

"Ah Chen, I can come with you," Xue Yang said and hold Xiao Xingchen's hand. The latter smiled and shook his head.

"Ah Yang, you and the kids are important. At least one of us should be with the children," Xiao Xingchen said and kissed Xue Yang. He smiled at patted Xue Yang's head. "Be good my wife, your husband will be back." Then Xiao Xingchen left. The bottoms are really worried for their husband but they believe that they will come back to him. Wen Qing also arrived with Wen Ning. Wei Ying stood up and waddled toward Wen Qing and Wen Ning.

"Qing Jie, Ah Ning!" Wei Ying called. He's carrying the sleeping Lan Mei Lien on his arm. Wen Qing looked at him and sighed. She helped him to sit down.

"Don't move too much, Wei Ying." Wen Qing said. Wei Ying sighed and give Lan Mei Lien to Wen Ning.

"Hold her for me, protect her for me Wen Ning," Wei Ying said and pulled out a lot of talismans and put it into the wall. Wen Qing went to him and hold his arms angrily.

"Wei Wuxian! What are you doing?" Wen Qing asked. Jiang Yanli was alerted and feared for his pregnant brother.

"Ah Xian, please just stay put!" Jiang Yanli said and was about to stand up when Xue Yang stop her. 

"He's going to be fine, Madam Jin. Please look out for my boys, I will help your brother." Xue Yang stood up and helped Wei Ying to put the talismans on the table. Wei Ying shakes his head and looked at Xue Yang.

"It seems you knew what I will do," Wei Ying said while putting the talismans. Xue Yang grinned and looked at him.

"Of course, I studied your demonic cultivation. I know what you're thinking, this is a combination of Spiritual energy and Resentful energy. Am I right?" Wei Ying smiled and nodded.